Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Water Bill

Our water bill goes up once the warm weather hits!  

If it is sunny and somewhat warm, out comes the hose. There is something magical about water. Every mom I have talked to agrees that water makes everything better. I had a girlfriend say that if her daughter is having a sassy day she lets her wash the dishes, also known as play in the sink, and it makes every thing better.

My kids are no exception. They love the water. Today was warm, not hot, but regardless the hose came out to wash their cars and it quickly escalated into a full out water day. 
 They all enjoy running through, splashing and spraying.
 Rex' face is pure joy.
 My boys are getting so big.

 
In case you were wondering why my boys were wearing shirts if it was warm enough to run through the hose, never fear, their shirts came off after about 5 minutes. Basketball shorts and no shirts, get used to seeing it.

 Myla enjoys running through the water but seems happiest when she can spray her brothers.
 Look at these sweet brothers. They sure do enjoy each other.
 Oh Rexy.
 Both my big boys have different running styles but seem to do this funny thing with their hands.

Oh yes, I believe that I have yet to make it official but Titan is crawling like crazy. All my other three didn't crawl until around 11 months so 8.5 months seems so early to me. He is a man on a mission and as always refuses to be left out of anything. I love that about him.


Since I didn't think cold hose water would be his thing, I gave him a bowl of warm water with some balls in it.
Less than a minute later he dumped it all out, looked at me as if to say, "do you actually think that a bowl of water would satisfy me when my siblings have a whole hose?"
 And crawled over to join the real fun.
Titan really is just part of the gang now. They include him in their pretending and playing and then more often than not they are begging me to take him away because he is messing up their things. His determination is bound to get him into lots of trouble with my big kids.

I do find it so sweet how Quinton, Rex and Myla really do adore him. When they hear him on the monitor they race up to see him. Myla still wants to hold him, they like to read him books, play ball with him, protect him from dangerous things. I love catching a moment when they are being so genuinely sweet and they don't know that I'm watching. As we were getting ready for naps today Rex was playing peak-a-boo with him behind our curtains. They were both giggling. They are not the best pictures but it sure was a sweet moment.


Our family day was switched to Thursday this week so we thoroughly enjoyed our Tuesday in the hose. Tonight is, "We love Daddy night!" We were just talking this morning at breakfast about how much we love their daddy and decided to make cookies (and unlike last week I didn't have to throw out 4 pans because of how awful they were), we picked up some ice cream, and a little "we love daddy present" and made some cards and are making a delicious dinner (ok, let's be honest, I'm praying it's delicious). Quinton all on his own said, "we should make daddy a card that says, I love you daddy. You're the best daddy ever." So tonight we are randomly celebrating Dan because he's so wonderful. I think of it as a thank you for working sooooooo hard and providing for us so that we can have the hose on all summer long party! We love our Daddy!

Shhhh... it's a surprise. He never reads the blog until I tell him I updated it.

No comments: