Thursday, May 10, 2012

Overdosed

We may or may not have overdosed on watermelon yesterday. 
We splurged.
We bought a watermelon at Sam's Club yesterday. It was delicious. I don't think most of you can comprehend my husband's extreme love for watermelon. He would eat it day and night. My children have inherited his watermelon gene and can down their fair share of the juicy pink stuff as well. 

I cut the whole thing into little pieces and put it in ziploc bags in the fridge. Last summer we would usually eat two big watermelons a week. A little excessive, yes, but when it is cut up and easily accessible and so delicious who can resist? We sure can't. 

While I am cutting it up they enjoy eating it off the rind. They were so excited about watermelon yesterday that they ate watermelon for lunch, they ate watermelon at dinner and then finished off the day with a few pieces before bed. Overdosed? Maybe. 

This is what the three big kids polished off at lunch.... I maybe should have cut them off.
 Titan enjoyed his first bites of the sweet goodness.
I think it was an interesting experience for Ty. Still getting used to holding it and the texture.
Rex ate every last piece of pink off the rind. He's my best fruit and veggie eater.
Not wasting anything!
                                   
The most handsome four year old I know!
I just love what an amazing oldest Quinn is.
All winter long Dan and Quinn would randomly say how excited they were for watermelon season. Quinn was by far the most excited to bring a watermelon home to surprise Daddy.
Quinton looking so handsome.
Here is my impressive watermelon eating crew. We might have to enter a contest.
A little peek into what our summer will be filled with, lots and lots of watermelon eating. I am looking forward to when they can eat it while sitting in the pool so my whole kitchen doesn't get sticky. Loving the pink, juicy, amazing watermelon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You made me want to go buy a watermelon tonight! :)