Wednesday, May 30, 2012

+100,000

With much excitement I write to tell you that The Wee Rudes has been viewed over 100,000 times.

The crazy part about it is that over four years ago when my sister Kelly brought up the idea of a blog I laughed. My Dad probably laughed too. I tend to break computers when I get near them so the idea of having a blog all my own was quite comical. Kelly (and my dad) reassured me that I would be just fine and to make things even easier all I had to do was to send them pictures of my belly and then my new little wee one and they would post them for me.

So that's how The Wee Rudes started. It wasn't until Quinton was over 6 months that I even did my first post, then little by little I realized that I really enjoyed blogging. A girlfriend and I were discussing what we would do with a whole night to ourselves, if we were *forced* to stay home and be alone. I'm pretty sure I would order some Pad Thai (and eat it all), rent a good chick flick and update the blog with the sweetest smiles I've ever laid eyes on. I really enjoy writing about the adventures that I have daily being a mother of 4 crazy kids and the wife of a man I'm crazy about. Basically, things get a little crazy around here.

It started as a way to keep my parents and sisters in the loop with Quinton since they all live far away and has continued to serve that purpose while also connecting me with so many friends that I don't see daily. People even know that my parents go with my kids from reading the blog. My parents were in Caribou one time and my kids and I were already sitting down and two fabulous girls stopped them to say hi to Nana and Papa from the blog. They were amused and felt pretty special.

Blogs are a fun way to get a little peek into people's lives. I really enjoy getting to read about friends and family's lives. It's a strange but cool world that we live in. It's amazing how connected you can feel to someone without ever even seeing them. I would hope though that someday each person that reads about my wee ones is able to actually meet them.

In their non-biased momma's opinion, They. Are. Awesome. Kids.


It would not be a blog post from me without some smiles. These were captured on my phone while eating our delicious watermelon snack this afternoon.

Rex makes my heart melt!
 
 Titan attacking the watermelon.
 Everyone enjoying their melon.
And this last pictures is from Caribou. Monday was buy one get one. So obviously it only makes sense to take advantage of that. Dan has been busy with Mission to the City (more on that to come) since Friday so since we were on our own. We got up and were there by 8:20 to score the big conference room, get some delicious scones and muffins and some fabulous drinks. Caribou is in my kids blood. We spent over an hour and half sipping our drinks, doing puzzles, reading books and playing cars. It was amazing and just what we needed.
I'm blessed to have so many precious memories that happen daily to write about and I'm thankful for such a fun way to document them. Enjoy reading!

No comments: