Friday, June 1, 2012

It's All About the Cup

After over three years, I finally threw out Quinton's original milk cup and the twins milk cups that were two years old. 

Every morning when my kids wake up, usually before their eyes are even open they ask for milk. Because this milk is always had while snuggling on the couch I have refused to give even my four year old and uncovered cup. It just seems like a recipe for starting the day on the wrong foot, milk spilling all over. So, covered cups it is. 

The other day I realized that my four year old was still using a cup that had sippy cup handles and a non-spill lid. Although I am still all for the non-spill lid, I thought that it might be a good idea to upgrade to a less baby looking cup. 

It was a emotional goodbye to these designated milk cups. Nothing else ever went in these cups but their milk when they woke up and milk before naps. Just milk.

Goodbye old milk cups.
They each picked out their own new milk cup. Non-spill but a little more grown up looking. At what age will I allow them in the living room without a non-spill lid? Maybe never. There tends to be a lot of action in our house ALL THE TIME. Running, jumping, sword fighting, wrestling, little Titan hands trying to grab anything in his reach. Non-spill cups appear to have no end in site for the Rude house.

Cheers to new milk cups. 

No comments: