Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Officially Summer

Watermelon and the splash park, summer has officially begun. 

Although we have been eating watermelon for about a month now, we are now getting the full summer experience because we are eating it outside with their shirts off and then hosing them off afterwards. Sigh, I love it. 

I just love my hot, sweaty kids that have dirt and stickiness in all their little creases. 
 I love the juice dripping down their little chins.
 They tend to love it "big" as they call it. Eating it off the rind.
 Titan tries to eat the rind.
 Rex laying his eyes on probably his favorite food in the world.
 
This boy's hair loves the summer too. It just curls up like crazy. I love his thick curls but I'm thinking he needs a little trim. He has so much hair.
 He is so stinkin handsome.
 
 Displaying to you that watermelon will make him strong.
 Rex displaying the juice dripping down his chin onto his chest. It's all part of summer.
And quite regularly as my children are eating one piece their other hand is holding the next piece, just to make sure no one takes it.
Then there is the splash park.

Oh how we love water on a hot summer day.

Titan has never gotten to enjoy the splash park before and he slept through the first hour and twenty minutes of it in the stroller. I can't blame him, napping outside is always a beautiful thing. I'm always thankful that he can still nap when we're out and about.

I didn't get any good pictures, but just wanted to quickly document that we were at the splash park.
 My only picture of Q.
 
 Hannah McGargill and Rex.
 Titan wasn't sure what he thought of all the water and action.
 Rexy trying to get him to relax a little.
We were joined at the park with about 10 of my friends and their kids. Again, isn't summer great? We tend to see more people than usual at the park and the pool.

This last picture is of my friend Molly. Molly lived with Dan and I when we first got married with her new little baby Asa. Well, Asa will now be 5 in August. She now has an 18 month old Emmett and is expecting TWIN GIRLS soon! I am blessed by her friendship and how the Lord has paralleled our lives so much. I keep telling her what a blessing twins are. I'm looking forward to snuggling her two little girls. 
It's officially summer. We are looking forward to many, many more days at the pool and sticky with watermelon.  Oh, just thinking about the fact that it's summer makes me smile!

3 comments:

Sarah and Jed said...

YAY summer! Maybe next time Mr. Sleepyhead Titan can show Lainey a good time at the splash park so she likes it more!

Molly Deutmeyer said...

I'm married now, too, lol =)

You're so such a fun mom! I'm so thankful my babes get to grow up with yours!

April Scherb said...

aaahhh watermelon... the Scherb girls share your passion for this fun fruit. We also just took our first trip to the splash park. Fun was had by all.