Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vegetables

I've been holding off writing this post because I'm nervous I will jinx it.

My kids love vegetables...shhhhhh. Ok, maybe love is a strong word. They like vegetables. And I love that they like vegetables.

I feel like one of those moms on the commercials that is serving their kids chef boyardee and not wanting them to find out that their are vegetables in the ravioli. If you're not sure what I'm referring to check it out.
Chef Boyardee

Our vegetables are not hidden in ravioli or a secret snack, they are just plain, old, healthy, beautiful colored vegetables. I'm feeling a little proud of my wee ones.

We discovered some delicious sweet peppers at Sam's Club.I buy two huge bags of them every week! I usually eat 2 a day and Dan munches on them as well.
 They are such a beautiful color. Oh, and they are so good.
 Not only are they munching on sweet peppers these days but they are eating broccoli. Not just one bite but a whole serving. My mom is probably not believing me. I started buying two big bunches of broccoli each week. Between the 5 of us that eat it, I probably eat the least amount of it. I have never enjoyed broccoli but I'm working on it, sprinkle a little bit of parmesan on it and I can manage to get down a few pieces.

Dan has stayed true to himself and even makes eating broccoli fun. Yes, eating broccoli is fun at the Rude house. Before taking each bite of broccoli they look to their daddy and ask, "What's in my tree daddy?" To which he responds something like, "there is a huge raccoon in your tree, eat it!" " There is a hippo in your tree, eat it!" "There is a whole family of birds in your tree, eat them!" This is followed by a big bite of broccoli and tummy rumbling laughter. 
 Myla munched down two of these on this particular day.
 We are working on healthy habits here.
 Titan even joins in the veggie party. He just seems to enjoy food. He can't eat any bites and I have to watch him closely but he likes the flavor and sucking on it.
 My youngest two sweet boys.
 Did I mention they make their faces orange?
 The sweetest face.
 We talk about how vegetables will make them strong. And,

VOILA!
 It works. Check out these guns.
 I thought that this shirt was appropriate since I'm feeding them vegetables.
 My happy 4 year old Quinton.
So, here it is. Vegetables. Don't jinx me.

I'm pretty excited about having more than just fruit lovers. I'm so thankful for Dan. He has a gift, a unique ability to make broccoli fun. Healthy habits happening at the Rude house! I'm blessed to have to many sweet mouths to fill up with vegetables!

1 comment:

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

Meg, we’re glad that healthy habits are starting at your house! With your new fruit and veggie lovers, be sure to check out Simply Delicious Meals on Samsclub.com/meals. There are tons of easy and nutritious recipes that the whole family will enjoy. Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Ramona from Sam’s Club