Monday, April 23, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite

Nothing beats a Tuesday.
Nothing beats a new kite from Aunt Amber.
Nothing beats a Tuesday + a new kite.

Tuesday is our full, uninterrupted family day. I love Tuesdays. I love having a day in the middle of the week when everyone else is working to just be together. We try not to fill our Tuesdays with too many plans so that there is always time to enjoy each other. I love that, especially since the weather is getting warmer. There are so many things that are just more fun with an extra pair of hands and EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING is more fun with Daddy around.

My sister-in-law Amber Rude gave us a new kite the other day. The excitement of a new kite alone was fun but nothing beats a kite with Lightening McQueen plastered on it.
It was so cool. There was just enough wind to get it going. Quinn, Rex and Myla all took turns flying it, chasing it, trying to catch it as it was falling to the ground. Dan did a lot of running getting it into the air, Titan and I cheered them on!
We grew up flying kites every year on Easter. I don't remember many other days during the year that we would fly them but I remember Easter afternoon we would go out with our friends and fly kites after church and brunch. Myla lost interest in kite flying the quickest. She, Titan and I resorted to the beloved swings where both of them soaked in the undivided pushing and not having to share the swings with the big boys. 

She's pointing to the swings, a girl on a mission.
A post would not be complete without huge smiles from my littlest. He brightens the world by just being.

Now if I could just capture these natural happy smiles on my three oldest I would be a happy momma. All I have to do to make Ty smile like this is say a silly word and he cracks up.  
So here's to Tuesday's. The best day of the week here at the Rude house. Gearing up for another fabulous one tomorrow. Nothing beats a Daddy day!

No comments: