Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Perfect Storm

There are not many things that top a good play date with a friend.
A time where as moms we get to talk about whatever is on our hearts. A time for our children to run around and enjoy each other and get all worn out. A good play date is not guaranteed, especially with a lot of young children. As a mom, I must be willing to surrender a good conversation to meet the needs of my four children. Obviously I don't mind meeting their needs and taking care of them and playing hard with them, they are my children, I love them.

You can always tell the moms that are used to a lot of kids around. You are able to continue a conversation while taking a child to the bathroom, while changing a diaper, while encouraging sharing, while making lunch, while stopping crying and in the midst of complete silliness!

So, when all the cards line up, when all the children's needs are met, when everyone is sharing well, including everyone, loving each other, this creates the perfect storm for wonderful conversations for the moms. It's a beautiful thing!

We have been blessed with some fabulous play dates recently. I'm pretty sure that I can attribute that to just having amazing friends around me, but I'll give a little credit to the nice weather and Linkplay dates at the park.

If you remember from the fall, my friend Laurel's husband is serving his 3rd deployment overseas (here is the post about their family). So I have been enjoying extra play dates with Laurel. On a typical day, our children play delightful together. All of our children spend a lot of time pretending and role playing. The 5 big kids spend their play time being birds, lions, playing house. On this particular day at the park they were riding horses away from the little trolls. Fun to watch their imaginations.

The fun thing about these next few pictures is that Rex is usually the quietest one in the group. It takes him a little while to join in and even then he doesn't usually say much. On this particular day though, he was Millie's prince. It was so precious!
They are reacting to the troll approaching to get them, then they would ride away as fast as they could!Check out this beautiful smile on Millie! And then Rex doing his fake smile. I can't even believe how big Rex looks here! Quinton somehow got his own horse. He is always up in the mix with the beautiful Larson girls. He has a great imagination! Get ready for some precious and snot filled pictures!Myla and Stella are about 7 months apart. There is something totally unfair about the amount of hair that Stella has versus Myla. Grow hair Grow.Don't you just love the snot dripping out of both of their noses. And here is the newest member of their crew, Blaise. Isn't he so sweet? And his beautiful momma. Both Blaise and Titan are big rolly boys. I'm thinking they will be great friends.Doing some tricks while riding on the horses.All five big kids on the swings!Do I expect great conversations to happen every play date? Nope. Am I disappointed when play dates go into emotion filled chaos? Nope. It's all part of the joys of being a momma to my four wee ones. But I sure to love the perfect storm of playing kids that allows for incredible and encouraging conversations. I'm blessed with so many wonderful women in my life to have these times with!

No comments: