Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Confetti

"Confetti" is all over our yard these days.

The huge tree behind our house is raining little leaves ALL OVER MY YARD!!!We call it "Confetti," and it has provided much entertainment for us lately. There are literally piles of these little leaves everywhere. Naturally, the only thing to do with millions of little leaves is to grab a pile of them, and throw them up in the air while shouting, "CONFETTI." It became war!
Everyone had leaves in their hair, on their clothes, in their clothes, EVERYWHERE!Rex was the #1 fan of Confetti! He and I battled for a long time. Titan watched on looking precious as always. He loves my phone. Children are so funny, I can give him all the old phones that we have and he still lunges for the real thing. How do they know the difference?He seems pleased with himself. I don't let him play with my phone... but I wanted to capture his sweet face before I took it away.Every few weeks I have to oil up Myla's head. Her scalp gets so dry. So on days when we are just hanging at home I oil her up! Lucky for her, all the leaves and dirt just stuck in there!Days when we are not leaving the house are days when I pull out the character shirts. A friend of ours gave us some Toy Story shirts and a princess shirt and they LOVE them. They are a little big and faded but perfect for bringing huge smiles and they fly around our house saying, "To infinity and beyond."I love my Rexy!Ty is taking care of Myla's purse while we play. What a guy!Most nights lately are bath nights and tonight it was completely necessary. Myla still had leaves stuck to her head. Quinn didn't nap today and the other 3 woke up around 3:30, way too early for them. The nice thing about that is that everyone was sleeping by 8:30 tonight and now I'm anxiously awaiting Dan to be home from a few days in Texas tomorrow. I always sleep better when he comes home. I'm sure there will be lots of chasing Daddy with confetti when he gets home. I'm blessed to have such fabulous children to throw confetti at!

No comments: