Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Year Ago

One year ago today this was my view....The diagnosis was uncertain, the outcome was unclear, they didn't even know what they were dealing with.

Today this is my view...And today, I know what I'm dealing with... A delightfully crazy, silly, stubborn boy who my heart delights in. His new favorite phrase is, "I'm just joking!" which he uses correctly many times throughout the day and always has a silly look on his face when he says it.There is nothing more difficult than having a sick and hurting child and not being able to do anything about it. On the contrary, there is nothing more beautiful and more wonderful than a healthy, happy child. I cannot even begin to imagine the difficulty of having a child who is sick for a long period of time. The heart ache that must go along with that is unfathomable to me. The events of those few weeks surrounding Rex' sickness replay in my mind regularly and are such a good reminder to me to be thankful for all the Lord has given me.

Thankful for healthy children, thankful for the hugs, thankful for the kisses, thankful for the daily interactions that make my life so wonderful. My children are something that I never want to take forgranted and their health is something that I want to continually be thankful for. Each child is a gift from God. He has entrusted Dan and I with four beautiful children. Four beautiful children, each one created in His image and each one strategically place in our life. I love how each of their personalities are so beautifully different and each one fits perfectly into our family. Today the Lord has blessed me with four healthy children and for that I am truly thankful!

2 comments:

April Scherb said...

Meg if you weren't his momma I would not have believed you when you said 1 year ago today!!!! I just thought, no way that just happened a few months ago! Oh where does our time go? I remember being so sad for you and Dan and then thinking of how strong of a couple in Christ you are. Then thinking, the Lord will uphold them and Rex will be fine! I love you and your children! PTL, for His blessings are many

Mike (Papa) said...

love the backpack!