Monday, January 23, 2012

Magnificent Monday

Monday.
I don't mind Mondays. It is sandwiched between my two favorite days of the week. Sunday afternoons and evenings when we are usually in our sweatpants playing around the house with Daddy and Tuesdays when Daddy is off ALL DAY LONG!

So despite not seeing Dan at all on Mondays it is usually a great day. This Monday however has already surpassed great and shot right up to MAGNIFICENT!

Before I go on I must tell you that my children do wear clothing but when you start the day off with finger painting it seems just plain wrong to put on clothes just so that you can take them off a few minutes later after they get covered with paint. So once again my children are without clothing....
If you know me at all, you know that I like a clean house but if the mess can be contained and is fairly easy to clean up, I'm all for having a fabulous time.I think that the bottle of finger paints should say, "finger painting for ages 5 and up, 5 and under it is called Hand painting."It turned into more of a big mess of colors. Oh and in case you are wondering why the twins are in underwear, well, I am trying it. They are doing well, not quite there yet, I'll fill you in more later. Rex thought it was down right fabulous.After about 15 minutes or so they found drawing pictures on the rubbermaid top more interesting. After cleaning their hands off the real fun began...
8 cups of flour + 1 cup of baby oil = CLOUD DOUGH = AMAZING = HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT = BEST INDOOR ACTIVITY = BETTER THAN A SANDBOX = TOTALLY AWESOMEI ended up doubling both the flour and baby oil after discovering how awesome this was. It feels soft like flour but is mold-able and will hold its shape like wet sand. They spent two hours playing with cloud dough and the only reason they stopped was because it was 1 pm and we had not eaten lunch yet (and we had not had a snack). I fed Titan lunch while sitting on the kitchen floor with them and it wasn't until I asked them what they wanted that they realized they were starving. They were so into this stuff. This was the only picture that I could get of one of them looking at me while playing with this. They were enthralled by it. You could say there were on cloud nine :) So, they spent the morning (and into the afternoon) making castles, pizza, cookies, cupcakes for Daddy's birthday, Quinn made me a wedding cake, Myla made one for Nana and Papa, they made soup for their friends and all in all had a blast!Almost two hours later and the only thing that has changed is Rex and Quinn's positions...And there is a little less flour in the container and a little more flour on them. I would totally and completely recommend this to ANY mom. It was such a blast. It cleaned up a lot quicker than I thought it would especially because I had a table cloth underneath the container, I just shook it off outside, and wiped the rest off the floor, rinsed them off standing in the kitchen sink and sat them down for lunch. Plus, according to the blog I found it on, it doesn't dry up so I cleaned the paint off the cover of the rubbermaid and put it away for another day (probably for tomorrow!!!).

I love my kids. I love the excitement that new things bring to them. I love watching their creative minds at work. I love making them happy and I love Magnificent Mondays!

3 comments:

Momma of 4 said...

This looks like soooo much fun! I might even try it with Emma as she's not quite in the 'putting everything in her mouth' stage. Thanks for such a great idea Meg!

Kelly said...

Looks like fun, Mego!

April Scherb said...

umm can we do this the next time we come and play with you???!!! I'll bring Kiara's swim suit! It looks like so much fun!!!