Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Basketball Shorts

If any of you have spent any significant time with my husband you will know that he has an extreme love for basketball shorts. I honestly don't know if all boys do because I grew up in a house with three girls but I do know that my husband LOVES basketball shorts. Usually if he is going to be home for any significant period of time he puts on basketball shorts. They are more comfortable, easier to play in, move in, wrestle in.

Well, his love of basketball shorts has fallen on the hearts of my two big boys who would wear basketball shorts day and night if I would agree to it. They are constantly asking to wear their, "basketball shorts please." Then usually following the basketball shorts going on, their shirts come off. You see, we do an awful lot of running, jumping, flipping, dancing, wiggling, and shaking here at the Rude house and when you're running, jumping, flipping, dancing, wiggling, and shaking you get very hot and when my kids get hot their shirts must come off.

This has become the usual at my house that I don't really think twice about it. The other day however, some friends were over and after being at our house a few minutes their kids asked to take their shirts off and run around. I asked their mom if they do that at home, her response was nope, only at the Rude house. Hmmmmmmm..... I'm not sure if that is a fun thing or a bad thing. We will have to get this thing figured out.

But even with shirts on, they LOVE basketball shorts. I'm not sure that I will ever get them to wear anything else this summer. They are so versatile for summer and can easily double as a swimming suit if the hose happens to turn on (it just happened to turn on most days last summer).

My kids lay on the floor and drink their milk before nap time. Sorry for the no smiles, they were exhausted but modeling their shorts.Myla is always encouraged by her brothers to join in the basketball short action and since she refuses to be left out of anything she willingly joins in the fad. But of course she adds her own feminine touch, a tutu over the top. Let me show you this fashion statement a little closer...What do you think? Is a tutu and basketball shorts going to catch on?They always wear the same ones too. Rex in navy, Myla in blue (they fall down if she runs!) and Quinn in Red.Here they are modeling their basketball shorts once again, and of course Myla is in pink! On this particular night they are playing one of Dan's made up, fun games. I have mentioned before how incredibly fun Dan is and on this particular night he did not disappoint. We have been working on colors with the twins. One day I think they have them and the next it's as though I'm asking them a multiplication question. Quinn had his colors before he was two so I'm learning how to be patient and try different learning methods with the twins. Anyway, Dan made up a fun color game which included, running laps (of course), lots of yelling color names, kissing mommy, covering one eye, oh I should have recorded it. It was very entertaining. So, basketball shorts are the fashion trend at my house these days. I don't see them going out of style anytime in the near future. I'm sure my boys will be thrilled to see Titan in a pair this summer. Oh the the joys of a house filled with boys. I'm thinking that we are going to have to get many more pairs!

1 comment:

Jennine Stalder said...

The future basketball stars! You should have paired it with jerseys to make it look great! Anyway, your kids are so adorable!
- UESports.com