Thursday, January 5, 2012

January???

After running to Sam's Club this morning we enjoyed a typical January 60 degree day.... Ummmm wait a second, I don't think in my 26 years of living have I ever experienced a 60 degree January day.

It was PERFECT! I think that every day in January should be 60 degrees and sunny. In the sun I actually felt warm.

It was exactly what we needed. My kids enjoyed running around outside in their boots and sweatshirts. Quinn asked several times to get our pool out and, "you could bring some warm water from inside and put it in the pool." I'm pretty sure that had I agreed, they would have excitedly ripped off their clothes and jumped in the pool. I did however say no, so we settled for bikes, scooters, playing catch and bubbles. Rex did try and convince me to blow up the ducky pool toy...Titan LOVED being outside. Aunt Julia joined us for some play time! She just graduated in December so is in the interviewing process for jobs right now. We love the extra Auntie time! I would for sure take more days like this throughout the winter. My kids loved every minute of being able to play with their outdoor toys. The fresh air is good for everyone! Tomorrows forecast, only 50s. I suppose I'll take 50s in January too! Thankful for today!

1 comment:

Mike (Papa) said...

Love that you can be outside! appeal, appeal, appeal!