Monday, January 23, 2012

Myla's Hair

I have been waiting for this post since the day I found out I was having a girl. My shears have been ready for over two years and I have been patiently waiting for the opportunity to cut my little girl's hair. I have always loved doing hair, cutting hair, playing with hair so when my daughter came out with NO hair (and Rex with a lot of hair) I was forced to suppress my itching need to cut and style a little girls hair for a LONG time. Now the cosmetologist in me knows that sometimes to achieve a hairstyle that you desire you must be willing to take steps back in order to make it look cute along the way. So although I eventually want her to have some long beautiful locks I thought it necessary to cut off all that baby frizz.

Look at this craziness!The other day I asked her if she wanted me to cut her hair, she excitedly responded, "Yes!" Although I'm pretty sure that it was because she knows that you get a sucker when you get your hair cut. She sat perfectly still and I cut a good inch and a half off her whole head. This was not all of it just a little sample. And look at the cute results. She is just precious! It looks thicker and curlier and less like a "flock of seagulls" as a friend jokingly described it! These days our sweet little girl LOVES to get dressed up. And well, I LOVE to dress her up. She insists on a skirt or dress and something pink almost every day. I would describe this as more of a long shirt with leggings, but I was still able to convince her that it twirled. Even though we don't wet her hair every day to make it curly, it still looks way better and so much thicker from cutting a little off. Myla continues to steal her daddy's heart. Her sweet, sassy personality combined with his playful attitude makes for a really fun relationship that is so heart warming to watch. She thinks he is amazing. On the topic of hair, there were many who questioned whether or not Quinn's curls would come back after our lice incident. For those who doubted I hope this puts your mind at ease. He has curls like crazy. It is clear why the lice liked his head it is SO THICK!! I'm thinking that he is in need of a little trim as well. And here is my one child who has yet to have his haircut. Will it be Quinn hair, Rex hair, or his own little style? I'm excited to get my hands on it someday!I was completely in my element cutting Myla's hair. Ohhhhh think of all the fun we will have someday, the colors it will be, the styles we can do. For today I will just be excited that it was finally long enough to cut. Loving my little girl!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

O.M.G. Her hair looks gorgeous! And she looks just like you in these pics. xo

Sarah and Jed said...

She is just precious, Meg. Such a beauty! You will have to teach me a thing or two about styling and cutting a little girl's hair if Lainey ever grows some!

Margie said...

I was thinking the same as Kelly - those memories of Megan and her curly locks ;0)! So sweet, your girl in pink!

Allie said...

If you want to cut the hair of more little girls, might I suggest Charlotte? She's not ready yet, (but her bad hair days might give Myla's a run for their money).