Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Danny

Happy 28th Birthday Danny!
I am in awe daily of the man that I married. I am so blessed to stand next to such an amazing husband, father and friend. His love for the Lord and people is so contagious. I have never been around someone who sacrificially loves everyone around them and that is what he does daily. I am a better person just being around Dan.

I decided that since you are regularly updated with pictures of what is currently going on in our house that I would go a little old school on you and put pictures of Dan growing up. Most of them are when he was really little but I thought they were too cute not to share.
I love the look on his face here.When I showed this to Quinn today he told me it was Myla...Every boy needs a raccoon tail hat!And every boy needs a picture in football pads! Oh DannyThe proof that I needed that 4 big kids can fit in one bath together.
Dan and his brothers. Dan, Steve, Jason, DaveHe was quite the baseball player and I just wanted to show you all the stud that I married :)One of our first pictures together. What do you think should I chop my hair off?We celebrated Dan's birthday yesterday on his day off. It was the perfect day. We played at home all morning (we had to show Daddy the cloud dough). Dan went for a run when they napped and then we went out to dinner all 6 of us for mexican, Dan's favorite. Back home for presents and what was supposed to be cupcakes but we all ate too much dinner so we just sang without the cupcakes!

I was very proud of myself over Dan's presents. He had mentioned wanting a new backpack in passing so I excitedly called up one of his friends and he and I picked out the perfect backpack. I however made the mistake of showing a picture of it online to my oldest, who was tremendous at keeping Christmas presents a secret. But after showing it to Quinn the next time he saw Dan the first thing he asked him was if he liked his new backpack.... ohhh well. He then proceeded to tell Rex and Myla about the backpack and they thought that whispering what was inside the wrapped present meant that they had kept it a secret.

Moral of the story... don't tell your three year old what you got someone unless you make it very clear that it is a surprise.

Still I was excited for his to get to open it and even more excited that he LOVED IT! Thanks Zachariah for your help!

Dan with our three big kids. Titan decided to take a nap during present opening.
I love this picture.The excitement on their faces was wonderful.Dan got an amazing GRILLINI from my parents Sandwich maker, panini maker, griddle, grill all in one. Absolutely perfect gift for our house!And I will leave you with this (Dan on the left, Jason on the right).
Basketball shorts and his shirt off.... It must be genetic!Happy Birthday Danny!
I adore you.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday Dan!

Kelly said...

Happy birthday Dan!

Carrie Krupke said...

That last picture takes the cake! lol. I love your hair short or long-a cosmotologist can make just about anything look great...what does Dan think?