Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quiet....

In most cases quiet around our house is a sweet thing.
There is one exception.....
When Myla is awake and quiet it for sure means that she is up to NO GOOD!
Myla is our little social butterfly, constantly talking, directing, singing, shrieking, etc. BUT if she suddenly gets quiet and is not in your sight you better find her as soon as possible!
She LOVES lipgloss, chapstick, lotion, hand sanitizer, pens, anything in my purse basically. The other day I found her literally bathing herself in hand sanitizer in the middle of the kitchen, I had left my purse on the floor after our morning out. When I asked her what she was doing she responded, "washing my body".... Obviously! She is very quick to put things back once I ask her to but she just loves to be mischievous.
Well last night she took things to a whole different level.
I had been up late talking to my sister-in- law and roommate Julia (great time, totally worth staying up late) so when I went to bed around midnight I was exhausted. Dan got home a little later and went to bed. He said that Myla woke up the first time at 12:30. It is not unusual for Myla to wake up crying every couple of nights. Well apparently she woke up several times. I however must have been in deep sleep! Then at 3 am Dan said that he heard something. He got up and she was in our bathroom. I always leave the shower light on for Dan when he is out late and he had forgotten to turn it off. So Myla walked into a fairly lit bathroom and began playing with all my makeup and lipgloss. She seems to think that the perfect time to get dolled up is at 3am so she seized the opportunity. I toke her to bed after that and I didn't sleep very soundly the rest of the night, just listening for her little feet.

Like I've said before, she keeps us on our toes.
I wouldn't change a thing about her though. She's my girl!

No comments: