Saturday, December 31, 2011

IBC

Today marked the end of an era.
Our favorite bagel shop of 8 years closed. I have been going there since my sophomore year at Drake. My Junior year, and what would have been my senior year, I lived a block away with six other girls who loved Iowa Bakery as well. And when Dan and I got married we moved less than a block away. Needless to say it was our favorite breakfast spot. I went there for a bagel at 6am the morning of our wedding to just be before the days chaos began.

My children have grown to love it as well. We used to put Quinn in the stroller and walk down the street. We would go and eat bagels and talk. We met some friends there. We were pregnant at the same time and after seeing each other regularly we became friends. After moving a couple of miles away our kids would scream, "BAGELS" as we pulled into the parking lot. They loved getting bagels with daddy.
So we enjoyed our last family breakfast at Iowa Bakery Cafe today. Quinn kept reminding us that it was the last time that we were going to have bagels there. Poor Titan will never get to experience the delicious bagels with honey cinnamon cream cheese on them. It was funny seeing all the people come in this morning ordering huge boxes of bagels and treats. I think many people will miss the bagels.

So thank you Iowa Bakery for the hundreds of wonderful conversations and some of my favorite family breakfasts.

2 comments:

Mike (Papa) said...

love Rex' hat!

Jassey Thomas said...

Hey Meg, I'm sad that IBC is gone too! I remembered our dates there- love you!