Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Arkansas Christmas

Our week in Arkansas was a blast!
It is one of those trips where you feel like you just unpacked and then you're packing up again. It flew by! We enjoyed all of our undivided Nana and Papa time with our usual activities. It is fun having so much to do at my parents house, we rarely have to leave. I love having so many things to do within walking distance.

We helped Nana bake cookies. Amazingly they each only ate the one Hersey's Kiss they were given to eat and then they unwrapped the rest. Aunt Dana made Rex and Myla super cute aprons. Unfortunately they had not unwrapped them yet otherwise they could have looked even cuter. Titan LOVED his first trip to Arkansas. Although he seemed to eat a lot more and sleep a lot less he sure basked in the extra attention and love he received. We did go on one adventure in the car to go to the light exhibit at the garden center that my parents belong to. It was well worth the twisty drive. I tend to get carsick very easily so Arkansas roads are not a friend of mine. My children were in awe of all the beautiful lights and the weather was perfect for walking around outside. Our family of 6Papa, Nana and the big kidsI hope I look like my momma when I'm a Nana. Isn't she lovely?Attempting to get a picture of the whole gang but there was a train going around behind them. Wednesday we excitedly welcomed Aunt Dana, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Ry and my Aunt Mary Ann to join in the festivities.

Check out this good looking family!
Dan, Rex, Titan, Me, my mom, Myla, Quinn, my sister Kelly, my Aunt Mary Ann, my brother in law Ryan, my sister Dana and my dad

My mom and her girls.
Kelly, Mom, Dana, MeMy family. How wonderful they are.The rest of the week was filled with lots of playing, visiting, eating, snuggling, playing, visiting, eating, snuggling...Uncle RyRy is always a favorite of my kiddos.I practically had to pry Titan out of my sister Dana's arms. She adores the baby stage.Quinn and PapaMy sister Kelly and NanaWe celebrated Christmas on Thursday morning. We started upwrapping gifts a little before 8 and finished about 11:15. One present opened at a time, clapping, opening the toys, passing things around. It was a wonderful time. I love getting to buy gifts for everyone and my kids loved keeping what was inside of them a secret. Quinn enjoyed watching people shake their gifts from us all week and then he would remind them that he could not tell them what was inside!Still waking up...My children didn't touch the presents all week. I was so impressed that they didn't get anxious and rip into them. So when Christmas morning arrived they were ready!

Myla modeling her new backpack, new shoes and a new book.Rex got a backpack too and some new movies and of course he had to try on his new shirt.We enjoyed our traditional Christmas dinner of fondue and fettuccine. I'm pretty sure that I ate until I felt sick. Then it was down to the basement of my parents for running and wrestling. Everyone participated in stealing socks from my wee ones and helping them exert all of their energy. I think they could run for days.

I love getting to share life with my family for a week. It's always fun to reminisce about growing up. It was so fun having my Aunt Mary Ann celebrating with us. At one point I looked at my sister Kelly and said, "Is this what we're going to sound like in 30 years?" referring to my mom and my aunt talk about their childhood. So many fun stories of memories and so many memories made. Kelly and my Aunt Mary AnnI don't think Titan got left alone for a minute! And he LOVED it!My dad was in heaven sitting with all four of his grandkids after they woke up.And I think this captures how everyone feels being around my kids all day...We loved our week. We love our family. We love getting to share life together. We are totally blessed.

No comments: