Thursday, December 15, 2011

Optimistic

I'm trying to stay optimistic about winter

10 things I like about Winter (not in any particular order)
  1. My kids LOVE to be "Toasty" which means a lot of snuggling under blankets while reading books. Rex is our new book worm. He will sit and listen to books for as long as you will read them. IT IS SO SWEET!
  2. Yankee Candles-we always have Yankee Candles but there is something extra sweet about my house smelling like "Fall Leaves" or "Christmas Nights"
  3. Snuggling with Dan. He is my heater! In the summer we stay on our sides of the bed but in the winter I steal warmth from the love of my life!
  4. The holidays. I love all the extra family time that happens in November and December. The only problem is that then we are left with January, February and March of cold.
  5. My EMU boots. They are worn practically every day! In my opinion there is no better shoe for winter than a toasty warm boot to put on anytime you leave the house. Your pants don't get wet, your feet don't ever touch the snow. Perfect winter shoe.
  6. The fact that our perception gets so skewed that we begin to think that 50s is beautiful. Come fall when it is 50 degrees out we are hunkered down inside but after a long winter we appreciate anything that's not freezing.
  7. Getting to decorate for Christmas. Mostly because my kids love the Christmas tree. It definitely adds a little sparkle to a house. I love turning the tree on in the morning when it's still dark outside and reading with my coffee! There is something so wonderful about the holiday season.
  8. My zip up sweatshirt. It has pockets. I can hold my phone, a pacifier, my memory verse for the week, chapstick, gum, kleenex, anything one would need on a moments notice is right there! It may look silly cause my pockets are bulging but I am a prepared for anything.
  9. Christmas music, Amy Grant... enough said.
  10. And even though I REALLY DO NOT LIKE SNOW, there is something so special about putting on your boots and gloves and building a snow man with your kids. The wonder on their faces with a new snowfall is so much fun to watch.

On the other hand, I could come up with about 100 reasons why I don't like winter and why SNOW with 4 children is the worst thing ever, but I'm trying to focus on the positives here and prepare myself for the next 4 months of freezing.

And since we are stuck inside I am forced to take tons of pictures of my newest wee one. I seriously can't help myself. HE IS SO CUTE!Dan is "gettin" him as my kids would say. I think he liked it!

We are looking forward to Arkansas for Christmas to be able to play outside, go fishing, go for walks in the "jungle" as Quinn would say and get tons of attention for Nana, Papa and Aunts.

Trying to stay optimistic about the weather. At least I have amazing kids to be stuck indoors with. I am one blessed momma!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Amy Grant Christmas album! Woot woot!

amanda said...

I second the Amy Grant woot woot!!!