Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spontaneous

Friday night Dan surprised me with his spontaneity. He got home around 6:30, Quinn said that he was ready to leave for Arkansas (we were scheduled to leave Saturday evening around 9pm), Dan looked at me and said, "ok, let's go!"

And so we arrived Saturday morning about 6:30am. The weather is horrible and we are having no fun at all...Ok... the weather is PERFECT for December and we are having a blast!
If you're having fun in Arkansas put your hands up in the air!My children are delighted to be here with Nana and Papa, they are delighted to be outside running around. We love it here!I realize that I post a lot of pictures (more often than not), I just love my children's faces and my camera does a great job of capturing the pure joy that so often is on their little faces. The love is mutual. Nana and Papa adore my wee ones and my children do not let them sit down for one minute. "Nana can you play with me?" "Papa will you take me outside?" I just love these pictures. Papa always has a smile on when my kids are around.Each of my children have a very unique running style. Rex' unique running. What I really need to do is video them running. It is comical. They all have such different styles.
Papa even got in on the racing. Apparently Rex thought that when they got down to start the race that a "scorpion" was the best position to begin. All tuckered out.Every time we come to Arkansas we borrow my parents' neighbors tow truck. It was their son's when he was little and my big boys LOVE it! Nana and Myla were outside for quite a while earlier. Nana led my kids and I on a jungle walk (Dan and my Dad were golfing, tough life). They love exploring and Nana is amazing at engaging their imagination. We found dinosaur teeth, walked across a huge river, looked for deer poop, they love jungle walks with Nana.

Myla wanted to work on a grocery list with Nana.I woke up early this morning to sit with coffee and my bible next to their enormous tree decked out with 2500 lights... ummm amazing job putting them up Mom and Dad. The lights are woven deep into the tree. It is just beautiful. You can't be around it and not break out into Amy Grant "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
My wee ones got to break into the first gift of Christmas (umm love that book, The Polar Express). A marble works set. I'm not sure who had more fun, Dan and Papa building it or my kids watching the marbles go down. They had the hardest time not grabbing the marbles as the spiraled down. And this is what happens at lunch in Arkansas after all the excitement! Precious. I think is goes without saying that after a day and a half here we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We are looking forward to the rest of the party arriving on Wednesday. We are blessed to enjoy so much family time. Loving it here!

1 comment:

Carrie Krupke said...

That marble shoot was the love of my 4 year old life! Awesome gift. :)