Friday, December 9, 2011

Why???

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

This is Myla's new favorite question.

"Myla don't rub ketchup all over your hands." "Why?"
"Myla please don't play with mommy's phone." "Why?"
"Myla do not take that toy away from Rex." "Why?"
"Myla please don't put Titan's pacifier in his mouth right now." "Why?"
"Myla please don't step on your toys." "Why?"

This picture is from this morning as she was admiring the new snow. I'm pretty sure that hat is too small for her but if I told her to wear a different one I was sure to be met with the question, why? And to be honest I didn't have a good answer as to why she couldn't wear it.... and sooo....It can be somewhat comical how often she asks this question but it does make you think about "Why" or "Why Not" we do certain things. I don't feel like Quinton ever really asked "Why?" and Rex for sure doesn't ask, "Why?" Maybe it's just a girl thing.
So Myla keeps me on my toes these days. I've has some pretty crazy responses to her questions. She is such a delight, so funny and such a girl. It's fun to watch her and Dan interact when she's being sassy because he just kinda picks on her and she loves it. She is one loved little girl.

On a different note, the doctors confirmed what I already knew yesterday....
TITAN IS PERFECT!

Even our doctor said, "How is he 4 months already, I feel like he was just born." My thoughts exactly. He weighed in at a solid 16 lbs 4 oz (72% percentile) and has a head size only in the 88%. Small compared to his siblings! He took his shots like a champ! My friend Jill bravely accepted the task of watching my big kids so that I didn't have to take them all. Thank you Jill! I'm blessed by her all the time!

So from our newborn to 4 months in a blink of an eye. I can't help but wonder WHY does time have to go so fast? Why? Why? Why? Why?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I often told my students to explain their observations in lab as though I were two--if I could ask "why?" they hadn't explained it enough! Then I got to live that with both Rachel and Nathan. Such a delight to watch them learn and grow, isn't it?