Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet Success

So Sunday night was a sweet success for me.

I'm not a cook. It's not that I don't like to cook, it's that most things I try taste nothing like they are supposed to or end up burnt or rock hard, you get the idea.

But last night I successfully made edible Chicken Lettuce Wraps. You might say to yourself edible? Oh believe me, or ask Dan, I have made my fair share of inedible foods including doubling a chicken lettuce wrap recipe one time only to throw the whole thing away, Dan could not even swallow a bite.

I'm not joking when I say that I prayed while cooking for a dinner that we could enjoy. So when Dan said that it was, "solid" and he would eat it again my heart jumped with excitement. And after finishing the whole pan off he said it was, "delicious." So I will add it to my small, but growing section in my cookbook of recipes that I have successfully made to try again.

I got the recipe off of Iowa Girl Eats website. I would recommend it if you are looking for a good, fairly easy, healthy chicken lettuce wrap recipe

Tonight I'm making Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup for some company(I've blogged about it before). I have made it before and had some sweet success with it. I'm definitely no Betty Crocker and my blog will never be full of delicious recipes that I've created myself but today I will bask in my small but very sweet successes with cooking.

I think I'll stick to blogging about what I know best, being a mom to 4 beautiful blessings!

I will leave you with this picture.... it doesn't get much sweeter than this!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Meg - I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that ruins dinner! Ha :) Have you ever checked out the Our Best Bites website? I'm pretty sure it is on the sidebar of my blog. I have tried several of their recipes and they have all turned out really good the first time! You should check them out :)

Sarah and Jed said...

Way to go Meg! :) That recipe looks delish! I am usually scared of recipes that require so many ingredients but you may have inspired me!