Thursday, October 13, 2011

T

Titan and Trouble...
Titan is not the trouble but trying to get my three big kids to sleep in one room is Trouble with a capitol T!

Titan continues to amaze us being such a wonderful baby. He is pretty consistently sleeping 6-7 hours, even the other night he went 8 hours and when I do have to wake up I am back to sleep in about 15 minutes. He is the most efficient nurser I've ever been around and goes right back to sleep when he is done! He is growing right out of his 3-6 month sleepers. He is SOO tall! 90% for height and 90% for weight at his 2 month check, and the smallest percentile head of all of our children, 75%. The Rude's and the Miller's have big heads so our kids our kids are destined for large noggins!

He is so smiley, especially for me. I still get amazed at how the Lord made babies know their mother's voice and smell and touch. I'm definitely his favorite person and I'm going to hang on to that as long as I can because once he gets bigger his daddy is sure to be his favorite, I'm no match for their daddy and I'm ok with that! It was rather hot on this particular day so I was letting him cool off.
I just love all the facial expressions that babies make! Titan and I are sitting on the floor of my kitchen while my big kids eat their lunch.... A regularly occurring activity for us!I know that I've mentioned this before but he is so strong. People constantly comment that he is difficult to hold because he just throws his head around. And he is tremendous at tummy time. I'm not sure if he got so strong so fast because he likes to look at his siblings running circles around him or if it was for self defense so he can be on guard... either way, look out Quinn, Rex and Myla, he is going to catch up fast!
Tummy Time is often a group activity!Now here is where the trouble begins....
Trying to nap (and eventually sleep at night too) three kids 3 1/2 and under in one room together, and not just three kids but three BEST FRIENDS! Sometimes it is just too cute to stop because they just have so much fun. We have cracked down a bit but for a few days this is what I would find a couple of minutes after laying them down for naps.
So on this particular day I knew what was going on so I grabbed my camera and caught them in the act! They look guilty!Overall it's not awful. They usually chat for a while, read books and then eventually fall asleep. The other day they all woke up after an hour and a half (usually they nap close to 3 hours) and then played in their room for almost an hour. I never disturbed them because they were playing so well and I was getting things done around the house. I know one day I'll get it figured out but for now they are Trouble at nap time. But at least they are cute trouble right?

1 comment:

McKenna said...

Titan is so cute. I love your blog!