Friday, October 28, 2011

Life These Days

Life these days seems busier than ever. Taking 4 children places is just routine now. We are loving the warm weather still but dreading the days to come. Oh how winter gets so long!

Like I've said before my three big kids have a lot of fun together. I believe on this particular day they were playing doctor..... hmmmm
Quinton is such an encourager to his siblings. He will regularly tell them that they did a good job sleeping in their big kid beds, he tells Titan how good he does at Tummy Time, and what a sweet little guy he is. He is also a protector too. The other day I was making dinner and I heard him say, "Get down Rexy, you're going to fall and crack your head and have to go to the hospital and get a new head." I'm going to interpret that as he really cares. Rex is Quinn's shadow. I mean literally, whatever Quinn says is usually repeated by Rex. Whatever Quinn get's excited about Rex is sure to follow. If Quinn has socks on, Rex wants socks on, if Quinn get's excited about doings something his shadow is sure to follow. I love watching these two boys interact together. They are such sweet friends. I remember looking at people who dressed their kids similarly as crazy. Now I look at those people as extremely intelligent. It saves a lot of sadness if I dress them similar or better yet, in the exact same shirts. The other night their were many tears because Quinn's pajamas were much cooler than Rex'. I'm not sure when it will become uncool to dress alike but for life these days we have fewer tears if they are just dressed the same. Myla is her brother's biggest fan. Although she is usually the instigator in their little quarrels she is also the one who is regularly cheering, "Good job boys!" She is such a delight and has become quite the dancer, wiggling any time music comes on! She has quite the wiggle, I'll have to video it sometime!Titan continues to steal our hearts he is such a sweet little man. He IS SO STRONG! I'm pretty sure that I forgot to write this a while ago but he has been rolling over from his tummy to his back completely since 6 weeks!!!!! Amazing! He regularly does 7 minutes or so of tummy time without laying his head down. He rolled over from his tummy to his back on the couch but Dan told me that didn't count! He LOVES his momma and I can't look at him without grinning ear to ear. He has taken a liking to the Jumperoo but mostly because it means that he can watch his siblings run circles around him, literally. I am constantly reminding my big kids that the jumperoo is TITAN'S TOY but they seem just as fascinated by it. He is almost 3 months now, I can't even believe it. My sweet little boy is growing up too fast! Baby Molly is Myla's shadow these days. She goes everywhere with us. When they get in the car I have to specify that she needs to buckle herself in because if I just say buckle up then Baby Molly is the one who gets buckled in. She pushes her in the swing, she brings Molly's highchair and puts it next to her chair, gets Molly's dinner and puts it on her tray. He brothers are eager to help but know that NO ONE is allowed to play with Baby Molly but Myla! I love seeing that surrounded by trucks and boy toys galore she still adores her babies. Another thing that Molly is good at is being the Monster that chases the boys. Molly (and Myla) willing accept the role of being the Monster or the Bear that chases after the boys. Myla growls as she chases the boys with Baby Molly's hand. What a fun girl!He is SOO sweet! I'm pretty sure his eyes are staying blue, which would make him my favorite blue eyed boy!We have begun to eat most of our meals at the dining room table even if it's just me and the wee ones. But I still enjoy the high chairs, it seems less messy to me! Meal times are usually filled with singing, giggling and making letters out of food (I figure at least they are learning!). On this particular day we had just bought some huge raspberries at the store. I think it goes without saying but they were a big hit!This is how we bathe these days. The other night all four of them lasted for an hour! Wrinkled fingers and toes galore!It's amazing how many fewer baths we need each week as the weather gets cooler. We are still outside all the time but it seems like they don't get nearly as dirty and obviously not as sweaty. Most bath times are very enjoyable for me! It is wonderful to have all four in one room. Everyone getting clean, usually happy, we sing A LOT of songs in the bath, I eat a lot of bubble soup, shaving cream cookies, and they get an occasional "splash-athon" when I put the shower curtain down. Fun for everyone! Life these days is wonderful. I hope these pictures give you a little peek into my blessed life!

No comments: