Friday, October 14, 2011

Pinterest

I was unaware of the world of PINTEREST until the other day. It is seriously a whole new web world to explore.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the world of Pinterest it is a place where you can "PIN" different links in different categories. It was fabulous timing for me. I had about ten different windows open from the week of recipes that I had found but had not had time to write them down so I had just left them open. Then I discovered Pinterest. I now have a place where I can put the recipes that I find. I write the name of the dish it has a little picture and then when I click on the picture it links me to the website where the recipe is. You can do the same thing for clothes you find, rooms you like the design for, etc. Maybe everyone else is familiar with this but it was very new for me.

Considering the fact that I don't have a lot of free time on my hands, I'm limiting myself mostly recipes and kid crafts. It is pretty fun having a place to store recipes and things that I find. Oh the possibilities of the world wide web are endless.

So last Saturday while snuggled in my bed I came across "turn a t-shirt into a scarf." So I peeked at it. Grabbed an old t-shirt, a pair of scissors and..... VOILA!
A t-shirt into a scarf in... NO LIE... 15 MINUTES! I made this at 10pm while laying in my bed with nothing more then an old t-shirt and scissors. I did add a little flower hair clip of hers that my friend Anna makes.For those of you that know me well know that I am not a "Do it Yourself" kinda girl. I have not had time to Do anything myself for over 2 years. I'm not complaining, I love taking care of my kids and I would much rather spend extra time with them than craft up something but I also don't think that I was born with the crafting gene. Some people have a natural talent for taking a piece of junk and making it into a beautiful creation. I however DO NOT. But I did give it a try and if I can make something beautiful for free and in 15 minutes you can count me in!My beautiful baby boy.
It is so fun to watch Titan watch his siblings. His eyes follow them constantly. He always wants to be held so that he can see what's going on around him. I think he already adores them. This is out attempt at decorating pumpkins. My kiddos decided on little pumpkins so we couldn't carve them. We pulled out the stickers, and permanent markers and colored away. A fun activity for us.I have a feeling that I'm going to have to become more and more crafty as my kids get older. They love making new things and decorating things but for today I'm all crafted out ;)

3 comments:

April Scherb said...

let titan know I love his pumpkin decorating!!! what skills he has at such a young age. ;P

Tara said...

Meg your children are so beautiful! I can't believe I have not seen you forever. I think we can get back into the swing of Friday mornings to play. Grandma has semi retired from the library in Adel so I think our Friday trips to the library will probably be less frquent. The Franklin Library is a lot closer :) I love Myla's scarf and your pumpkins look awesome! Hope to see you soon! Tara

Kathy said...

Meg - every Mom has tough days and it sounds like you have a wonderful way of preparing yourself just in case! Sometimes you just do the best you can.