Monday, October 17, 2011

Me Time

Do you ever have those days as a mom where you're not sure who cries more, you or your kids?

I had a day like that today. Maybe I'm the only one who has ever had days like that, if I'm not please share with me so I don't feel crazy ;) But days like today are a good reminder of my undying need for the Lord. I feel like when everything is going smooth it's easy to rely on my own strength but days like today remind me that nowhere in my own strength can I be a loving, caring, attentive, righteous mother of four kids 3 1/2 and under without the Lord.

That is why the best way for me to start my day is like this... Me Time!I have gotten into the habit of getting downstairs, making coffee, enjoying my FAVORITE pineapple Chobani yogurt and opening up my bible for at least 30 minutes before my beautiful kids wake up. It is the best thing for my life. I am a more patient, loving, wise, godly mother when I start my day with the Lord.

And then after a little me and God time, I hear six little feet thumping down the stairs and Titan fussing.
I'm so blessed. It usually takes a minute or two of waking up to get smiles! Once the milk is down they usually are a little more alert. Looking back on the day, I can't say that I want tomorrow to be a continuation of today, but I can say that I always learn a lot on days like today and I am humbled because I cannot do this on my own! And thankfully I don't have to, I have the Lord and the BEST husband in the whole world! I am also thankful that these days are NOT a regular occurrence around here.
I had one of those days today, and now my four precious children are all sleeping soundly. Looking forward to waking up with the Lord tomorrow and then hearing six little feet coming down the stairs for another day!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Meg, I'm so glad that you posted this so that I don't feel like I am crazy! And I love that chobani yogurt too! So good!

Alyssa Myers said...

All I can say is, I cry as a mom too, and I only have one to chase around!! I am seriously inspired that you are able to get up before your four kids in the first place! Meg, you are quite an amazing mother and I totally feel for you reading your post. I guess all we can do is carry on day by day, get through all the ups and downs of these early years and enjoy them as much as possible! Much love, Alyssa