Monday, October 18, 2010

Delicious Recipes!

Two delicious, easy recipes that I wanted to share with all of you....

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
This recipe is so easy. All you have to do it put everything into your crock pot or a pot on the stove and leave it! It is delicious and nutritious... that is what Quinn and I say!

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 can (16 oz) chili beans
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans
  • 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn drained
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
  • 16 oz of chicken broth
  • 2 cans (10 oz each) of diced tomatoes with green chilies undrained
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 4 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
  • shredded cheese
  • sour cream
  • tortilla chips
Put everything (minus the cheese, sour cream and chips) into a crock pot. No need to thaw out the chicken, frozen chicken breasts work great. Turn the crock pot on low if you have 5 or 6 hours, or high if you have less. After about 3 hours pull the chicken breasts out and shred them with a fork and then place them back in. If you were gone until dinner time you could pull them out and shred them right before you eat it too. It is a delicious soup and so easy! Seriously all you need is a good can opener and you will have a delicious and nutritious meal!


BBQ Chicken Pizza

Another delicious and nutritious recipe for you to enjoy! I am not a huge fan of BBQ sauce but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this. I owe the credit for this recipe to my friend Laurel.

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages of crust mix (all you have to do is add water)
  • 2-3 chicken breasts (depending on the size and how much meet you like on your pizza)
  • Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce (or whatever sauce is your fav but we have had good luck with this sauce)
  • Mozzarella cheese (one bag should be enough)
Follow the directions for the crust mix. Boil your chicken breasts. Once cooked through shred the chicken ( you could slice it too, I prefer it shredded). Mix with a little BBQ sauce. Put BBQ sauce onto crust. You will use less BBQ sauce than regular pizza sauce so don't go overboard. Add chicken and top with your cheese. Cook like the crust directions indicate and keep your eye on it.

Dan was drooling over both of these recipes. They have become big hits in our house, actually my kids didn't really love either, but I think they will eventually have to like them because Dan loved them! Both recipes were REALLY easy and quick which is what I love the best!

I hope that some of you enjoy these.

1 comment:

Life's a Dance said...

THOSE both sound so good! I have one suggestion you should do to your BBQ sauce one. Spread cream cheese on the crust then add the bbq chicken. I know it may sound weird, BUT it is DELICIOUS. (of course if you like cream cheese :) my sister works at a resturant and they make it this way and it is my fav :) thanks for the recipes though definitely going to make both! i need easy at my house :) love you meg :)