Sunday, October 10, 2010

Aunt Dana Visits


My sister Dana, Aunt Dana, came for a visit last weekend.
We had a wonderful time and kept her very busy, I'm pretty sure she left exhausted!
We enjoyed a day at the pumpkin patch. The weather was beautiful, a little windy but we had a great day. It was a fun place for kids. There were tractor rides, pedal go carts, a big pumpkin patch with fun wheel barrels, pony rides, horse tire swings, a corn box (like a sand box but filled with corn, goats to feed, chickens to look at! So much fun!

All five of us
Quinn and I with the pumpkin he picked out. He also selected two little ones for Rex and Myla. They have since become "balls" that we roll around to each other outside. Just something new to do with pumpkins!

I just love this little boy!

Aunt Dana and the Wee Rudes. I think they all enjoyed a little Aunt time!

My sweet kids and I

Quinn and I picking out Rex and Myla's pumpkins

Aunt Dana's photography skills

Rex enjoying the horse tire swingMyla doing the same

Rex looking like a model

The corn box was awesome!
My kids all loved it. Quinn loved the shovels and the diggers, Rex loved to eat it (YUCK), and Myla loved to throw it out of the box. Huge success. It was amazing how much corn we found hidden in their shoes, diapers, pants, jackets! Oh how fun it is to be a kid!

Check out her cute jacket! Thank you Rachel Hodges for all the cute girl clothes, we love them!

Just working hard


Quinn enjoyed his first pony ride. Unlike their mother, my children all love animals. They seem to have no fear when it comes to petting or picking up animals, bugs, anything alive. Rex was jealous watching Quinn ride the pony, he was making his Ohhh face like he wanted to get in on the action.

Quinn riding the pony

My two oldests

I am one lucky momma!Rex enjoying the day

A ride in the wheel barrel to spot pumpkins

Myla and Aunt Dana

Quinn and I on the go carts. A fun little thing to do together.

Quinn wanting to drive himself

Feeding the goats. I will need to start collecting quarters for next summer at the zoo and pumpkin patch when I will have three kids wanting to feed the goats!

Blue eyed girl

Curly haired boy

My Wee Rudes enjoyed Aunt Dana's air mattress. There was lots of jumping, tickling, rolling, I think that we spent over an hour playing on it.

Aunt Dana also brought glow sticks for Quinn's "fort" (the closest under the stairs). They were a huge hit, everyone loved them!

Rex being a messy eater

Quinton playing guitar while singing with Aunt Dana

Rex Michael

Being a mess! Rex and Myla both pull their bibs off constantly now. Not sure how to keep these two clean anymore!

We had a great weekend with Aunt Dana. It was fun to have a place for her to stay too! Just another perk of our new house. We are thankful that she made the trip to come and hang out with us. We all really enjoyed our weekend with her!

No comments: