Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Fun!

We have had a busy but very fun month. We have enjoyed the warmer weather and still lots of playing outside. I love not needing coats in October just a zip up and by lunch time just a long sleeved shirt. My children are addicted to the outdoors, the moment the front door is open they all drop what they are doing and head straight for the door. Quinton is a FABULOUS big brother. Although at times Rex and Myla get "in his way," he genuinely enjoys their company and always wants them around him. He loves when they chase him on his motorcycle and throw the ball to him. He is helpful when they get their push toys stuck on the grass and tells them to stay out of the street cause their are cars. Sweet and wonderful big brother.
Although we can't go very fast with boy kids on the scooter, Quinn likes to ride with the babies.

Rex enjoying the motorcycleTaking Myla for a spin

My dear friend Heather Guck arrived home from a year of serving over seas. It was wonderful to go to the welcome home ceremony and to see her again and support our troops. What sacrifices these men and women have made to protect our freedom. I have been honored this past year to receive her emails regularly and to hear about her life at war. I cannot image being away from my friends and family for a year. It was such a heart warming time to see these men and women reunited with their families and friends. Many of them had children that they had not seen for a year. How blessed so many of us are to not have to be apart from our families. Thank you Heather for your hard work and sacrifice!Friends welcoming Heather back home!


How cute is this??
My children are watching the garbage man. A highlight of our Thursday mornings!

My three amigos.
Check out Rex' THICK hair! It is beautiful, I'm jealous for Myla.

A favorite hiding spot in our new house is this cabinet. All three of my children LOVE climbing into this cabinet and hiding. Myla will sit in their with the door shut for over a minute and laugh when you ask "where's Myla." We have had many pinched fingers and bumped heads but it doesn't stop them from climbing in and out all day long.

Aunt Kelly sent Miss Myla a Viking's shirt.
She looked so cute in it with her purple head band on. Although it didn't bring a win, we are expecting it to bring a lot of good luck for the Vikings this year. I'm an optimistic fan!

Saturday nights are me and my kids night alone at home. Dan is at church and we enjoy an evening just us. We usually eat leftovers or mac and cheese, a favorite at our house. On this particular night, Rex decided it was more fun to rub dinner in his hair as opposed to eating it. He seemed very proud of himself. As you can see, his hair is completely coated in dinner!
Disgusting, but still so sweet!


I rinsed his hair with water but no soap... this is how hair dries when styled with mac and cheese. This looks pretty fashion forward if you ask me, maybe I will have to tell my hair stylist friends.My children are not big into cookies, they have their mothers taste in food, they prefer saltiness, but I did offer oreos on this particular night. After cleaning up such a messy dinner I opted for cookies in the bathtub. That might be strange to you, but it seemed much easier in my mind that cleaning up their high chairs again. They seemed to enjoy them and I rinsed them right off!

Rex' cool hair again!

Miss Myla finally has more teeth. Last night she had her two top teeth poke through. Now she is up to 4 teeth! Go MYLA! My children are generally good teethers although Myla did need a little Tylenol and some extra cuddle time. What a sweet girl.

Quinn with an Oreo Smile

I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my family, I love my friends.
I'm a truly blessed woman.
Actually, some exciting Rude family news is that Dan's younger brother Jason proposed to his girlfriend Amanda Stopek on Friday and she said YES! We are very excited to welcome her into our family. She is a very dear girl.
Congratulations Jason and Amanda!
This is a picture of them on the Rude family vacation this summer.


No comments: