Saturday, October 16, 2010

THE Sale!

THE sale is a BIG deal!
There is a mothers of multiples sale that happens twice a year in a Des Moines. A group of my good girlfriends and I get so excited about this sale. If you are pregnant or a mother of multiples (thank you Lord for my twins!) you get to go to the sale the night before to shop. So twice a year a bunch of us mommies get together for dinner before the sale. As much as we all love our children, it is a blast to go to dinner and chat with my dearest friends for two hours and not have to cut anyones food up or wipe up any spills. And then it is off to the sale, many of the girls just come to dinner and then go to the sale the next day! As silly as it may sound, especially to those of you who don't have children yet, a girls night out is so so so much fun, especially when it involves good friends and good deals!

Dan thinks that I am crazy but is always very appreciative of the good deals that I find.
I really wanted to find some push toys for my babies. They are both taking steps but not walking all around and I thought that some push toys would help that process. I decided that one push toy would not suffice, those of you who have twins would understand, one push toy+ two children who have not grasped the concept of sharing = lots of tears. But when the deals are good two push toys is not a problem. I also picked up Quinton a "motorcycle" as he calls it!
Quinn was much in need of some 3T shirts and I found quite a few for less than a dollar as well as a really cute zip up sweater for my handsome toddler.

3T pants were necessary too. One of my most exciting finds was a pair of basically brand new Gap 3T jeans for $3

Myla got some new shirts for this winter! She is going to be stylish. Plus a cute shirt in the bottom right corner for next summer!

Some 12 month and 18 month sleeps for Myla.
Good for snuggling.

Quinton got some cute new PJ's too.

Some more expensive finds... I found Myla a 2T winter coat for next year (top left), Gap, looks like new $10 and a coat for Quinn (yellow) for this winter. And two cute coats for Myla (top right and middle) the middle is more like a fleece and then a coat for my nephew, Hudson, and snow pants for Quinn for a dollar! I love cheap finds especially on things like snow pants that we don't wear a lot anyway. My kids are set for winter!

New (to us) shoes! Quinn boots for a dollar and Myla some fashion boots and Rex two pairs of shoes.
As you can see, I found a lot of good stuff for great prices. It is hard to justify buying children new things when there are so many great used things for sale. I was pretty excited by all of my finds and the prices I paid for all of my finds!

The lovely reasons why I get to go to the sale the night before...

For those of you who have not spent much time around Rex, he LOVES to put everything in his mouth. He is crazy!

Myla enjoying a treat after lunch, a milk chocolate graham cracker! So delicious.

Rex of course finished his milk chocolate graham and is now munching on a spoon!

Glasses are quite a hit around our house these days

As well as my water bottle

I watched a friends girls the other day and wanted to capture our lunch time. It went very smoothly and everyone was fed and happy! Eliza is 3 months older than Quinn and Adeline is 3 months older than Rex and Myla!

My babies have begun to enjoy the park. It just means that I have to really keep an eye on them and follow them wherever they go. They love the freedom.

My favorite girl in the whole world!

What a stud.


We are keeping busy! I can't believe that it is the middle of October. Time seriously FLIES! We have been enjoying the warm weather and hoping that it stays. I would be totally fine if all those warm jackets I found never got worn! I despise the winter, especially with my kids. It doesn't keep us from going places but it does mean that I have to make extra time before we go anywhere to put on jackets and hats and mittens and boots... oh how I long for Heaven where there will be no snow... at least I am hoping!

No comments: