Friday, June 28, 2013

5 Months

5 Months doesn't get any cuter than this!
My sister Kelly suggested that we nickname Jett, Harry Potter. Jett's room for the past month or so has been our closet. We moved a couple of things out of our closet and into our room and moved his pack in play into the closet. Sleep is VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE! We have three bedrooms upstairs in our house. Our three big kids share a room and then Titan is by himself. Jett can't join Ty until he sleeps the same 8pm-8am (he's getting really close!). Titan will be so excited to have a roommate. He desperately wants to go sleep with the big kids.

I laugh to myself regularly thinking about how much time I spent getting Quinton's room ready and Jett sleeps in my closet. He doesn't seem to bothered by it. Loved the same, just different accommodations. I'm fairly certain Jett will be better off having slept in such a special little room. 
His 4 month stats (which were two weeks late) he came in as a tall, skinny boy with a big head! And that tall, skinny boy is my perfect little man. If I had to guess who he was going to be built like I would guess the one that he looks like, Quinton. Jett's eyes are still a BRIGHT blue. Daily I am told what beautiful blues eyes he has, to which someday he will say, "I got them from my momma!"
I continue to be in awe of what an incredible little man he is. As long as he can see all the action he is totally content. He may never know the meaning of personal space because right now he doesn't have any. Even after five months his older siblings can't wait to hold him, help me get toys for him, snuggle him, feed him a bottle and talk, talk, talk to him.
I have attempted rice cereal a couple of times and each time he takes a bite or two and then has no interest. For a while feeding babies food tends to be quite time consuming and can be inconvenient. It is just so easy breast feeding or bottle feeding. On the flip side, I love the puff stage when you give them a little puff and they can suck on it forever. Someday Jett will eat food, I'm in no rush.
5 months of sweetness. Can't wait for many more!

No comments: