Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6 Years

6 years of being married to the most incredible man. I mean seriously, he is incredible. I have never met a harder working person in my whole life. Since much of my life revolves around superheros, it would only make sense to compare Dan to a superhero so you all can get a better understanding of the man I married. He's kind of like a real, live Superman. He leaves for work before most people even wake up, he flies through his day loving the Lord, loving people, swooping home if he happens to be driving by to give me a kiss, take a child for a loop on a bike, change a diaper, he loves the hard to love, sacrifices sleep to talk through situations with people, and loves me, serves me, and showers each of our five children with so much love. They adore their fun loving, always ready to play daddy.

one of our first pictures together
 not quite sure what was going on with my bangs in this next one...
6 years of learning how to best love each other. Although I am still crazy in love with my husband, even more than I was when I said, "I do!" six years ago, love is an action. It has to be more than a feeling in order for marriage to thrive. It's cool to see how Dan and I have each grown in learning to love each other, learning to love what's important to the other person, learning to speak each others love language. 
6 years of adventure. I don't think that either of us would have believed it if someone had told us that we would have five kids in five years, lived in two different houses, been a part of an amazing church that has grown tremendously, had children in the hospital multiple times, taken many long road trips with lots of little kids, survived hours awake at night together while feeding Rex and Myla (and watching Cake Boss), lived through lots of chaos and sweet noise and so much more. Our life is an adventure and I can't think of anyone else I would rather be on this adventure with!
6 years of being Rude. I can't say that Rude is that last name that I imagined having when I got married, mostly because my sisters and I always talked about cool Italian sounding last names, but it fits and I like it.
6 years of fun dates and late night talks. 6 years of being lovers, best friends, labor's for the Lord, parents, each others biggest fans.
6 years, I AM BLESSED! 

No comments: