Friday, July 5, 2013

Like Father, Like Son

Quinton just did his first organized t-ball league. If there was one sport that Dan just loved playing it was baseball.

Like father, like son.
 
Quinton did a two week t-ball team through the parks and rec and has seemed to enjoy it. The heat has made a game or two a little long (like where five year olds decide to sit down and draw in the sand on the field). It was a fun and very casual way to introduce him to a few more ideas of the game than just hitting and catching. And he thinks that he is just the coolest kid around because he's on an official t-ball team.
As I checked him in the first day I teared up. He has done several other activities but for some reason t-ball just makes me think he is so old. I also came to the realization that over the next 18 years I am going to spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours sitting in bleachers cheering on my children. I can't even wrap my mind around five kids all doing sports at the same time, going five different directions, having five different games and five different teams. The future holds lots of fun times for this Rude family. Two weeks of t-ball was a good prep for starting soccer in the fall. 
I remember some of the first times going to Dan's parents house when we were dating and his mom would pull out articles from high school when he was in the paper for sports. I think she was trying to impress me! Totally worked! I'm a sucker for a guy in a jersey! 

Here was some of Quinton's cheering section.
Rex looking for bugs while watching.
Check out this stud!
I was so proud of Quinton and his attitude and how hard he tried.

Maybe next year he will get a full uniform and look like his daddy.
What a guy I married!
And someday if Quinton decides that he likes baseball he could again look like his daddy, like father, like son.
Or maybe this will be one of my other children. Excited to see what the future holds, but today I'm content cheering my children on in my front yard. I'm in no rush for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh goodness - young Dan?!?!?! He looks like a miniature Tim Rude. Yay Quin!