Monday, July 15, 2013

Fashion

I pick my battles.

Before I was a mother I always imagined my children dressed just as cute as can be. And although I do believe that my children are just as cute as can be, and quite often they are dressed as cute as can be, clothing is one of the battles I choose not to fight most days.

I live with three little boys (one day Jett will care too) who love to wear basketball shorts EVERY day, all year round. They like to pair up black basketball shorts with navy jerseys, and tall socks.

There are times throughout the week that I pick their outfits and there is no arguing with momma, but as soon as they are allowed, they change back into basketball shorts.  

My daughter is pretty funny when it comes to clothing. Some days she is, "Fancy Nancy," and the next days she's in basketball shorts with pearls. 

And then there are some days that are just "Pink Cowboy Boot" kind of days!
And some days are "pink cowboy boot, band-aid in the middle of your head, and tons of beaded bracelets and necklace," kind of days. 
Don't you ever have days like that? Where you just need a band-aid in the middle of your forehead?
And then there are days in the middle of summer where your daughter puts on sweatpants and no shirt and your boys put on winter hats and gloves and they dance around the house. Do you ever have those days?
And I know that we all have days that we wish we could just put on rain boots and a diaper and run around like crazy.... or that could just be Titan. He has lots of rain boots and diaper kind of days. But when you're this cute in rain boots and a diaper you should wear them as much as possible.
My kids might not always have matching clothes on (except on Sundays) but they are usually ready to play any sport, splash in any puddle or wrangle any horse.
Sweetest kids in the world.
I love being their momma!

No comments: