Thursday, July 18, 2013

Rachael

There are not very many childhood memories that I have that don't include Rachael Gassman. The Gassman family moved down the street from us when I was two. They had three girls, we had three girls. Rachael and I were 3 months apart and best buds. 

Our families grew up spending weekends together, seeing each other on Christmas day, some Thanksgivings, playing on traveling soccer teams together, traveling to gymnastic meets, going to their cabin, going to church on Easter day and brunch and then flying kites together every year. We have yearly pictures of the 6 of us little girls in our Easter bonnets and gloves together. So many memories.

Rachael and I rode the bus together every day, and then got rides with her Dad to school and then drove to school together. Although college took us our separate ways, Rachael to Montana and myself to Iowa we still would call each other on our birthdays to catch up. November 28th will not pass without me remember Rach. And although life has caused us to talk less and less she is still someone who I am truly thankful for and feel so blessed to have so many memories with. 

When I heard Rachael was getting married I knew it was going to be one wedding I couldn't miss!
I had never met Phil until the wedding but the smile on Rachael's face makes it apparent that he's quite a guy!
It was a beautiful outdoor wedding right on the lake. Perfect for us Minnesotans, something people in Iowa just can't understand.
And here are the Gassman/Miller Girls!
Rebecca, Jessie, Dana, Rachael, Meg and Kelly
So thankful that I got to go and celebrate a beautiful day with a beautiful friend! I hope that someday my kids have as many good memories with their friends that I have with Rachael and the Gassman girls. Old friends, sweet memories!

No comments: