Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sickos

The last week of my life I could have done without.

We passed the stomach flu around our family, missed our date night, missed Thanksgiving, missed our family day and missed seeing Aunt Dana and Uncle Ry.

Dan had lined up babysitters for Tuesday afternoon and evening. He was taking me to see Twilight, Dinner and Christmas shopping, sounds perfect doesn't it? That's what I thought! After the 2:30 date with Jacob and Edward, Dan puked and our date night went down the drain. That was shortly followed by Quinn puking. While Dan was taking care of himself upstairs I had all four kiddos sleep in the living room. I was prepared to catch anything and everything that came out of them! Luckily Quinn was the only one throwing up but littlest three seemed to be a bit uncomfortable as well and didn't sleep the greatest. It's one of those nights as a mom that you focus on how blessed you are to have four little ones to catch puke from! It's much better than focusing on how tired you are and the smell around you.

This was our layout for the week...One of the positive things (if there is one involved with throwing up) is that being a whole year older than the last time he got the stomach flu, Quinn threw up in a bucket/toilet every time. HUGE success in my mind!

Wednesday was spent recovering, watching movies, eating popsicles, crackers and soup. Thursday rolled around and I began to get a big head thinking that we had this thing beat but shortly after showing up to the Rude Family Thanksgiving where 9/10 Rude children and their families were there we left and I spent Thanksgiving throwing up. Ohhhh how I HATE that feeling.

I could not be more thankful for my husband. He loved our little ones up all night, brought me whatever I needed and Titan when he needed to eat. Titan gave him a run for his money fussing until almost 4am. Dan then loved them all up the whole next day while I laid on the couch exhausted. What a blessed woman I am to have such an amazing husband.

Different clothes... same positions.Rex threw up at 3am Saturday morning to make it 4/6 Rudes getting sick. Titan and Myla held strong. Myla never gets sick, she's my tough girl.

So Saturday I spent washing everyone's sheets, and sanitizing our whole house.

I'm so thankful that we are passed all the sickness and I'm so thankful to have my wonderful husband to go through weeks like this with.

2 comments:

Graham Gardner said...

Meg, you are such a trooper. I'm taking notes on how to prepare for tough times. Your attitude is incredible!

Felicia Miedema said...

"After the 2:30 date with Jacob and Edward, Dan puked..."

LOL! My husband would insist that there was a cause & effect relationship here. He thinks my fondness of all things Twilight is a little nuts.

Anyway, I'm glad you are better. What a great way to document a difficult week!
Felicia