Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

It won't be long before we'll all be there with SNOW...
Unfortunately, we woke up to snow this morning.
Fortunately, it is melting fast and it's supposed to be 58 degrees this Friday and Saturday.

Despite my dislike of SNOW. My children woke up this morning absolutely delighted by the fact that there was snow on the ground. They were BEGGING me to go out this morning but we had a moms group at church so I brought a bowl of snow inside to hold them over until after church.

I was happy that we waited until after church because by that time it was warmer. No jackets were needed but they insisted on all wearing their hats and of course they wore their boots to stomp around in.
The only problem is that I had not taken inventory of our snow clothes and boots and I didn't have any boots that fit Rex. Sooo......Myla's rain boots. Our only option. He didn't seem to care, my boys always looks smashing in pink! Having to wear girls boots would never be enough to stop my boys from having a blast! Look at this stud. So, I NEED advice!
I have the hardest time EVER getting gloves on my children. If I do manage to get them onto their little hands, their thumbs are NEVER in the thumb hole, if their thumbs are not in the thumb hole then they can't pick anything up, if they can't pick up anything then I have three frustrated little kids, if they are frustrated they take their gloves off and then they get sad that their hands are cold. It's a vicious cycle. The best gloves that we have Myla managed to have on but they are little and fleece and not the warmest. I need some waterproof gloves that are easy to get on their little hands and that they can still hold a shovel while wearing them.... HELP!!!!

Myla is my beauty in pink.
I was pleased to find that all their hats from last winter fit them still. My BIG BOY! I honestly can't believe that he is getting so big. He and I have the funniest conversations every day and my goodness this boy has a memory! He is delightful!Myla loves life!You can't play outside with fresh, wet snow without building a snowman.
Meet Spike.Spike is our snowman. He was named Spike because we gave him spikey hair. I told them to find some sticks for his arms. They kept bringing me little sticks from our neighbors tree so we gave him hair and then the only name appropriate was Spike.It was the perfect day for building a snowman. Warm, wet, warm, sunny, warm, no jackets needed, warm, cute hats, warm.... perfect... warm! The only thing that could have made it better (besides gloves that fit) was if Daddy was not working and was playing with us. Dan makes everything more fun!

If you notice, Rex has switched gloves. I put a pair of my stretchy gloves on him. Way too big but he was able to hold onto a shovel. Ok, not a real shovel but some big plastic kitchen spoons!
Today was a blastAll the while Titan snoozed in his car seat. What a trooper!

1 comment:

Katie said...

We've had success with mittens that are too big. I think it's easier to wiggle the thumb into the right place in a mitten. And even if they don't, the roominess of the too-big mitten gives them room to move their hands around and grab things. They'll get the hang of thumb holes soon!