Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Fun

Take a look at these boys.... Harrison & QuinnOne year ago (actually 13 months ago), some of us moms decided that a trip to the fire station would be a blast for our little kids. I called up the fire station a few blocks from my house and while explaining that there would probably be a dozen moms all with 2-3 year olds the fireman made a comment that he had a two year old little boy as well. I piped in and told him to have his wife and kids come joins us...

And thus began a wonderful friendship. Eileen and I hung out at a park a couple weeks later and have since become great friends. It is always wonderful to meet someone who you just click with. Eileen has been such a blessing to my life. I love to see how the Lord worked through a little field trip to the fire station.

Des Moines does this weird thing called "Begger's Night." It is the night of the 30th, I don't quite understand the whole logic behind it. We went to Eileen and Tim's house for pizza and then out to hit the "hood."

Here is the gang.We were excited to borrow all of the costumes from friends. My friends Eileen and Laurel were kind enough to loan us batman, superman and a ladybug.

Check out these good looking kiddos. It was slightly chilly so hats joined the fun.Titan was wrapped up all toasty in our stroller. We spent the week after Halloween dressing up all over again. Countless times we played that I was the Big Bear (my kids favorite thing) and I was getting the ladybug and the two superheros rescued her. My boys love to play superheros and Myla is thrilled to be rescued by them!My sweet little lady.My little ladybug picking her nose... we will have to work on making her a little lady!Daddy and his oldest two.... still picking her nose....We also went to a harvest party at church. It was a great time for the kids filled with games, crafts, stories. We got to see their cousins, Eden and Brielle. It's such a blessing having the whole Rude family in Des Moines. Well, we thought it would only be fitting to go back to the fire station a year later! It was quite a different experience for my twins. Last year they never left the stroller and this year they climbed all over everything, drove the trucks, and ran around like crazy.

Eileen's husband Tim is a fireman at the station near my house. He was so wonderful as about 15 moms and over 30 kids put on fireman hats and ran like crazy. We packed lunches and ate at the station. Quite a day, Quite an event. There was so much going on that these are all the pictures that I managed to take... wish I captured more of the excitement on their faces.

Rex driving the firetruck. Myla driving the truck. She is sporting what we call "Harper Hair." Eileen's daughter Harper always has the cutest pig tails so that is what Myla says when she wants pig tails. She looks so big with her little pig tails. Quinn taking control.Quinn and the big boys. There was some intense fire and rescue playing going on!We always seem to have so many exciting things going on. We are blessed to have so many amazing friends around us to share them with.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the Tonka hat on Q!