Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Girls Night

A couple of weeks ago there was the annual "Women's Coffeehouse" event at the Downtown Church. It was held on a Friday night which meant it was a GIRL'S NIGHT OUT!

Dan took my kiddos, my girlfriend Jill picked me up and it was off to coffee, snacks, and lots of talking. It was a wonderful event with around 500 women enjoying life together! There were four different women who shared their stories about how the Lord has changed their lives, Christy Hukee, Carrie Krupke, Meredith Bell and Laura Cameron. Each one was inspiring, challenging, thought provoking, and all around encouraging. It was so amazing how even though we each have different struggles I could relate in some way to each of those women and I walked away desiring the Lord more and more. Thank you to each of those four amazing women for having the courage to share what the Lord has done in their lives.

It was funny because I think that all of us moms were some of the last women to leave the church. It is probably because we rarely get to have conversations without a child hanging on our leg, crying, asking a question, needing to go the the bathroom. It was all a time all about us and it was fabulous. I love getting to share life and to learn about motherhood and daily trials that we all face with these women.

These are just of a few of the wonderful moms that I hang out with often. Between the nine of us in the picture we have 22 kids.... WOW
Me, Bethany, Tonya, Carrie, Sarah, Autumn, Eileen, Shelly and JillOn the topic of friends, my childhood friend Rachael Gassman's birthday was yesterday. I'm pretty sure that I have very few memories as a child without Rachael in them. We were neighbors, both our families had three girls, we were in the same grade, we were pretty much inseparable when we were younger. I remember being in tears when I found out that she was in a different kindergarten class. November 28th will not pass without reminiscing in my mind about all the fun times that Rach and I had growing up. Happy 27th Birthday Rachael!

I'm on the far left, then Rachael, my sister Dana, Jessica Gassman and my sister Kelly.
So many girls....So here's to friends old and new!
I'm blessed by them all!

2 comments:

Mike (Papa) said...

you are, indeed, blessed. And a blessing! LYB

Carrie Krupke said...

The picture of you as a girl looks like Myla! How fun:) Glad you enjoyed the Coffeehouse!!