Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nana and Papa Visit

My parents came to visit last Thursday through Monday.
I'm never sure who is more smitten with who, my children with my parents or my parents with my children. It's a mutual love.

We had a wonderful visit. We enjoyed a few trips to get coffee, a short walk outside, lots of legos playing (Quinton's new favorite activity), some delicious food, great talk time, lots of books, lots of music and a wonderful birthday dinner out. I enjoyed some shopping with my mom while the kids napped. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. My children adore Nana and Papa. The twins got very good at saying their names and when they couldn't see them they would call their names. The truly enjoyed all the extra love and attention.

A FAVORITE activity in our house is reading. Anytime there is an open lap someone will grab a book and come sit with you. I love that they love to read. The twins, especially Rex would read all day and Quinn LOVES to learn. Nana brought some books on bugs and a first encyclopedia for him and he could not get enough of the learning. He remembers everything too, especially involving animals, bugs or outdoors.

Papa and Rex.
Both these handsome boys got haircuts the day before, don't they look nice?Nana and Rex
Quinn's new passion, Legos.
And anything Quinn does Myla wants to do too, and anywhere Papa was Myla was too. Papa, Nana, Quinn, Rex and Myla all spent a lot of time around our dining room table playing legos.
Papa brought some of his legos from when we were kids for Quinn to play with in addition to the legos he had. Quinn was thrilled. Morning through night that was all he wanted to do!

A rare shot of me with all three kids.
Nana enjoying herself with a rare empty lap
Myla started to make this really silly face recently. When you hold a camera or anything that looks like a camera up she squints her eyes and makes this goofy smile. Sometimes she even looks mad. What a silly little girl.

I celebrated my 26th birthday when my parents were here and got some fabulous new shoes for summer. Now I just need a tan to go with them.
Quinn got to open an early birthday present from Nana and Papa. He got a digger just like Rexy got for Christmas. Now my boys are set for the sandbox this summer!
We practiced digging with some beans
My kids being musical
Doing some reading
Papa and Myla (she's doing her weird face)
Quinn being silly
Papa having a fun time

Check out all the hair this little girly is getting!

It is a good thing that we were not able to get a railing put onto our staircase when we first moved in because it is a constant source of entertainment for our children and anyone watching. Quinn tackles bears, alligators, jumps on scorpions and saves us all from ferocious animals and Rex and Myla just like to do anything that Quinn does. Quinn likes to jump to Dan and he also likes to jump on his own. Jumping has never been a fear of his. He is one brave boy. Rex and Myla of course require a hand. When they are only on one step Quinn likes to hold their hand and help them jump. So far no big accidents!
A good action shot
Myla jumpingRex looking handsome as he gets ready to jump
We enjoyed our Nana and Papa time. It was wonderful having a place for them to stay. They had their own bedroom and bathroom in our basement. Just another reason we LOVE our new house. My children miss them already. I guess this just means a trip to Arkansas needs to be planned!

No comments: