Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Quinn!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY QUINN!!!
As I'm writing this I am tearing up at what a blessing Quinton Daniel has been in our lives for the past three years. I never imagined three years ago that I could love someone like I love Quinn and that I would be so blessed to have him in my life.

Motherhood is one of the most life changing but amazing things. You can't prepare for it, you can't always explain it, you can't imagine the joy it will bring you. It takes a selfish person and teaches you to put the needs of another before yourself, it challenges you, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, there is nothing in the world quite like it. I love being a mom. I can't even believe that it has already been three years. I feel like it was yesterday that they laid my precious baby boy in my arms and now he is 3... how fast time flies.

One of our first family photos
We celebrated Quinton's birthday Tuesday night with presents, cupcakes and a few friends.
Dan picked out some golf clubs for Quinn (there are 3 clubs and 3 balls... so they are for everyone)
And we got him a bike and a helmet!
Aunt Kelly, Aunt Dana and Uncle Ry sent him some cute shirts (he quickly passed over them) and some awesome legos! A huge semi-truck, a helicopter, a police car and some police men. A very excited present that already has gotten a lot of love.
Nana and Papa contributed to our swing-set fund.
We are hoping to find one for our yard soon!
Quinn getting ready to blow out the candle. We are enjoying our Sams Club membership (my birthday present from my sisters) and got a huge box of cupcakes to share with our friends Tuesday night. Quinn picked out Toy Story cupcakes!

If you have not been around Quinton before or for long periods of time you will have to take my word on this, HE IS INCREDIBLE. He is absolutely amazing. He is my three year old best bud. I feel like daily Dan and I look at each other and say how sweet he is, what a blessing he is, what a great big brother he is.

I forgot to inform you all that he is potty trained and doing amazing! I feel like he has been such a champ at it. He tells me when he has to go and he reminds me before we leave places to go potty. A much easier experience than I was anticipating. Plus, Nana and Papa got him some guitar and drum underwear.

He has become so independent over this last year. Putting on his own socks and shoes, pants, picking out his own shirt. And he wants to try EVERYTHING. If you or I can do it he wants to try it. He gets his own water, serves Rex, Myla, Dan and I without being asked. He constantly wants to help and for the most part loves to help with Rex and Myla. Most days I feel like he is so big and grown up and then before bed or after a tough fall he grabs his blankie and snuggles up next to me and I remember that he is still my first baby and one of the loves of my life. I love that he is growing up to be a big strong boy but I would not trade those cuddly moments for anything.

These are a few of my favorite pictures over this past year.
He looks so young here.
Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time!

Quinn really does have a thumbs up attitude on life






Dan and I are honored to get to be Quinn's parents.
I'm pretty sure that he is THE BEST 3 year old in the world.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

He really is such a sweet and adorable boy!