Friday, March 18, 2011

Skinny Jeans

The other day while a friend of mine was over something came up about skinny jeans. I didn't even know Quinn was listening until he chimed in and said, "I have skinny jeans too." I just kind of laughed. A few minutes later Quinn said, "Mommy, remember when I skinned my knee in my jeans the other day." (He had a pair of jeans on that had rips in the knees so when he fell he skinned his knee). So now Quinn loves to wear his "skinny jeans" which means that his skin is showing in his jeans or that he skinned his knee in his jeans. Either qualifies as "skinny jeans" to him. He is such a goof. Even this morning when I asked him what he wanted to wear he said, "my skinny jeans like you mommy."

We are enjoying the warm weather. On Tuesday we went to the park with Dan. Their favorite part was running around the baseball field with their daddy which also involved picking up the sand and getting VERY dirty.
Quinton is so brave!
He has continued to be fearless with heights and jumps and climbing. He seems to know his limits and so far no broken bones.
He decided that he wanted to go down the fireman's pole at the park. And although it is more of a fall than a slide down the pole, it's just one more thing for him to conquer at the park.


Rex and Myla are loving the park too and seem to know their limits. I am pleased that the are aware of the heights of things and although I'm usually right next to them they have not tried scooting off the playground. They do however have some of their brothers boldness in them and love climbing to the highest slide (with me close behind) and jumping to Dan or I.
I do love how adventurous all our kids are!
Rex got a nice bump on his head the other day at home. It's looking a little green now.

Rex and Myla LOVE the swings. They giggled for probably five minutes straight while being pushed. I should have taken a video because these pictures don't do justice to the fun that they were having.

We need to bring out bat and tennis balls next time. Although I'm pretty sure that my boys would NEVER leave if we did that.

My handsome boys.
Getting dirty
My three amigos
I can't believe Quinn is going to be three next week.

Enjoying snack time on the deck. We already are reminded why we LOVE our backyard/deck. We have already eaten some slightly chilly dinners outside but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares that it's cold.
My children checking out our neighbors dogs! They go crazy for dogs! I think I would go crazy with a dog so in case you were thinking that their love of dogs would persuade me to get a dog then you're crazy. They can just enjoy our neighbors dogs!
We went to the Zoo the other week. We had a fun day with daddy and seeing all the animals. We had never toured the indoor exhibits at our zoo before (too busy enjoying the outdoors). The Des Moines Zoo is not the most impressive place but it is a perfect size for our little ones. We enjoyed the fish (Q is obsessed with underwater creatures these days).

Rex and Myla were fascinated by the lions and tigers who were sitting on the heated rocks RIGHT NEXT TO THE WINDOW!!!!
It was almost frightening how close they were to you.
We ended our trip to the zoo with lunch at McDonalds.
A day with daddy, animals and french fries... life doesn't get much better than that at the Rude house!

No comments: