Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Great Outdoors!

So I'm sure that many of you have been enjoying the warm weather like we have. It was hard to believe this last week that it was the middle February. I found myself slipping into spring mindset and even tried a picnic for lunch. I'm not sure who enjoyed getting out of the indoors more, me or my children. We were all thrilled to be able to go for walks, go to the park, build a snow man (at the beginning of the week before it all melted), destroy our snowman, scooter around, bike around, color with chalk, play catch, anything we could think of to do outside we did! Now when I ask my kids to grab their jackets they all grab their boots too. I always feel bad when we are not going to play outside.

Quinn requested "long walks" around our neighborhood. Rex enjoyed a nice ride on Dan's shoulders. He was a happy guy. Quinn loved destroying our snowman.
Earlier in the week as the snow was melting we enjoyed A LOT of puddle jumping which resulted in A LOT of laundry but three VERY happy children. We had "rivers flowing down our street" according to Quinn but there were no fish in them, much to his disappointment. Rex and Myla thought it was a blast jumping in them.

Another one of my children's favorite outdoor activities, eating snow.
Rex adopted a new but VERY frequently made face since being in the hospital. I'm not sure most people could even get their face like this but he makes it all the time and will hold it for a while. It pops up any time something drops or breaks or splashes or gets him.
We love this new face.

Quinn loves working hard.


Myla enjoying the snow.
My children are truly a joy.
They are always full of smiles and I got to see a lot of them while outdoors.
This is the view that I saw a lot of Quinn this week... speeding off on his "motorcycle." One happy boy, and so cool looking in his new baseball hat (thanks Aunt D and Uncle Ry)
We are still coughing and full of boogers!
Much to my frustration I am wiping dripping snot constantly and any time you hear a sneeze, GRAB A KLEENEX! It feels like we are never going to overcome this. I hear that we are not alone in this battle. Many of our friends are in the same cycle of sickness in their family.

Rex being Rex... putting everything in his mouth.
Isn't she lovely
You can't really see but he was splashing in the puddle and had leaves in his hair.
Licking muddy water... seems like a good idea.

Boogers and dirt
What a grown up little guy.
I still feel like we are adjusting to life again. It seems like Quinn was affected the most by Rex being in the hospital. We are still battling funny sleeping patterns and attachment issues. Nothing crazy just things that we are not used to having to deal with. It is somewhat flattering to be needed and wanted by my children. They bring Dan and I so much joy. We are looking forward to the weather warming up for good. I think that the park will be a favorite place for us this summer. We are hoping and praying for a swing set for our big backyard. I'm pretty sure that I would not be able to get my children to come inside EVER if we had a swing set. Oh how we can't wait for warmer weather!

Sorry for so many pictures... I just could not pick there were so many sweet ones!

2 comments:

Carrie Krupke said...

Rex has a great "o" vowel going there in his funny face. :) Gerard is impressed!

Felicia Miedema said...

It's so good to see them looking healthy - boogers and all!