Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday

Happy 3rd Birthday to the sweetest twins imaginable, Rex Michael and Myla Jane.

It's hard to believe that so much life and joy can come from such small little blessings. Absolutely no one would ever guess that they entered the world at 3 lbs and 5 lbs and eight weeks early, no one would ever guess that they spent the first month of their little lives monitored 24/7, and no one ever could have prepared me for the fun and non-stop adventure that two at once brings.

I still remember screaming for joy and then crying tears of astonishment/excitement in the ultrasound room at almost 21 weeks along in my pregnancy when we asked to find out the gender of our baby and the ultrasound tech's response was, "Of which baby?" Talk about an amazing surprise. I'm tearing up just thinking about it (it could be the hormones from #5). Rex and Myla have brought nothing but excitement since day one. Having three children in 17 months set our family up for the most wonderful dynamic.

Rex and Myla's personalities are perfect. Rex is all boy. He is his daddy's biggest fan, and that's even an understatement. He loves his boy time with Dan and Quinton, he seems to think that he is older than Myla in the way that he tries to protect her (although she takes care of him too, it must be a twin thing), but every so often he grabs one of Myla's princesses and sticks it in his pocket for wrestling or bug hunting. My boy with a love for his girls! He's got it right. Rex is our animal/bug lover. He played with a grasshopper on our driveway for over an hour today and loved it to it's death. He still melts our and everyone else's hearts with his big brown eyes. He's just our perfect second son. Oh and I forgot to mention he loves to run EVERYWHERE! Quinton and Myla will want to bike on our walks and he just wants to run, and he runs and keeps up with them on their bikes. Speedy little guy. 
Myla Jane, our only little girl. Myla is ALL girl, with a bug stuffed in her skirt pocket. She is amazing at playing superheros, all while putting on lip gloss. She adores her doll house and playing mommy but seems to welcome Batman swooping in at any minute. Basically she is our little princess in a boy dominated house and she thrives in it. She is the sweetest little girl I have ever encountered. She melts my heart with her easy going personality and her loving nature. She really does want to make people happy and seems to really care for others. She sings and talks herself to sleep every night, no matter how tired she is. She needs time to process her day maybe, I can relate to that.

She already has taken on the role of protecting Wee #5. She is always telling her daddy that he has to be careful and can't wrestle me and reminding the boys not to jump on me so as to not hurt our baby. Sweet, thoughtful and protective. She will be over the moon to have her own little snuggle buddy when #5 arrives.

She and I stick together in our house full of crazy boys. I love that she and I get to do our nails together, dance around in the kitchen and every so often shed some tears. I love the little pink blessing in our lives. Myla Jane is truly an amazing little girl who our hearts delight in.
I always think it's good to remember how the Lord really protected these two little ones. So many things could have gone wrong being born so early and it's good for me to remember to be thankful for all the Lord has done for us.
Myla Jane was so stinkin tiny!
Looks like Titan with all that hair.
She still will tell Dan and I that she is too "tiny" to do things sometimes. Funny little girl she is.
My sister recently sent me an article from NBC that said that mothers of fraternal, "naturally born" twins tend to live longer than mothers of single born children. Hmmmm.... I'll take that. It said that mothers of twins are naturally stronger in the first place. I'm not to sure of that but I am sure that when you experience double the blessing at once your world will be filled with double the joy!

Their first time being held together.
And pretty much glued together ever since then. It's a special twins thing!
 
And it just wouldn't feel right to talk about Rex and Myla without talking about Quinton. They really are the three musketeers.
Just can't imagine one without the other two, and that goes for Titan as well now. The four of them are perfectly fit together in our family. We are looking forward to one more perfect addition to our family.

They are all in their new birthday PJs. Yes, those are winter PJs for Myla. She loves her "cozy pjs."
Happy Birthday to my favorite three year olds. I love them more every day. We are one blessed family!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Aw. Tears! You are such a great momma to some super amazing kids! Blessed to know you!