Sunday, September 16, 2012

20 Weeks

20 Weeks.
Halfway there. 
Halfway to meeting our little baby boy.
Halfway through all the craziness of being pregnant. 
20 weeks until our family will be complete. 
WOW!

I think that this has been the slowest pregnancy that I have experienced. At the same time with all the fun fall activities and the holidays coming I'm sure that these next 20 weeks will fly by. Lots to look forward to. 

Our official ultrasound is on Thursday afternoon. Dan and I will get to go together and then follow it with a date. I always look forward to our date afternoon/evenings and what a fun way to spend and hour of it, staring at our little boy wiggle and move around. Ultrasounds always amaze me, at 20 weeks they usually weight a little less than a pound and yet everything part of the baby is there and moving and functioning. It's truly a work of the Lord. 

We have been crazy busy getting into the swing of fall, out of the summer schedule. The three big kids started gymnastics and have enjoyed learning to "flip" and jump and swing. It's fun to watch them enjoy themselves. Even our days at home seem a little more scheduled, in a good way. Doing crafts and games, going for bike rides, of course bug hunting and just enjoying life together. I will admit that I have not been the best at photographing our weeks. So all I've got for you are pictures from my phone... Still the same sweet kids, just a little less crisp. 

These are a few snapshots from what happened in our life this week.

I woke up at 5:45am to find my daughter sleeping in the hallway. I went to shut my door so that I could get ready for the day and found her passed out. Sleeping Beauty. No idea how long she was there, or what she was doing. The Rude's have a history of being crazy sleepers (I have some great stories of Dan sleep walking and talking). I'm hoping that she's not quite as crazy as her Daddy. She does look pretty sweet there in her cozy pjs and her little pillow.
 
Haircuts were a must this week. Without so much humidity Quinton's hair was getting really crazy and unless I wet it every morning he looked like a mess, and well convincing him to let me wet his hair is quite a battle. So, off it went. He is much happier. I don't have to mess with his hair and he still looks totally handsome. He has incredibly thick hair.  Rex got a haircut as well and I trimmed the back of Myla's. She did not want to be left out!
 
Shortly after haircuts my house turned into imagination central, superheros were chasing the lady bug who quickly got extremely hot and turned into a princess with fair wings and a big bellied one year old found as much stuff to get into as possible. My children are incredible at coming up with fun scenarios at playing them out all together and Titan just wants to be part of the gang. We have quite the fun house, and in case you thought a house with 2 superheros, a princess and a crazy one year old was quiet, you were wrong. We have a loud house.... just how we like it!
 
Just about the sweetest picture ever is from this morning.  Dan has begun taking a different kid on a Sunday morning breakfast date. One on one time with Daddy is the best. This morning he and Myla had their date. She woke up and got a flower from her daddy, put on her dress, packed her purse (with several different lip gloss, some stickers, markers and coloring book) and headed to enjoy an hour and a half of alone time with her favorite guy in his car (big deal). She was over the moon and told just about everyone she saw at church that she had a, "date with daddy this morning." My husband is amazing at loving our kids.
 
And this last picture is from my Sunday morning snuggle buddy. Titan still needs a little morning nap so at church I soak up the alone snuggle time with him while Dan is preaching and the big kids are at Sunday school. It works about 75% of the time that he will fall asleep still. I just love it. Nothing more precious than a baby sleeping on your chest, and when the baby is the cutest one year old in the world it is just perfect!
So, 20 weeks along with another perfect little blessing. I feel like daily I am in awe of all that the Lord has blessed our family with. Thankful!

No comments: