Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Puddle Jumping

If I have learned anything about being a mother to my wee ones over these last 4 years, it's that clothes can be washed, dirt is ok and, "YES" is always the right answer to the question, "Can I jump in that puddle?"
Even a rainy day is not enough to keep these adventurous little ones inside our house. A friend of ours told Dan that he thinks that every day looks like the most fun day ever at the Rude house. Believe it or not, we have our moments, our bad day (hard to believe with a naturally sassy mother and 4 kids four and under) but we sure do have so many fun times. My children are fabulous at creating their own adventures and puddle jumping was nothing short of wonderful fun.
We spent just under an hour running, splashing and searching for the perfect puddle all while it was still raining. Titan and I spent most of our time under an umbrella watching the big kids enjoy themselves.
My children were soaked from head to toe. My boys had a goal to see who could splash their eyes and get their hair wet every time they jumped. There were some pretty crazy jumps because of that.
 
Soaked but having the time of their lives. They would have gladly stayed out longer but they were all so chilly I made them go inside.
Their boots took over two days to dry even in the sun. They found it quite entertaining that they had to dump water out of their boots when they took them off. I would say that dumping water out of your rain boots means it was a successful puddle jumping experience.
 
 
 Staying true to themselves, they ran everywhere.
I'm needed to keep my eyes open for bigger boots, totally worth the investment for my outdoorsy kids. We had to baby powder Rex' feet to get them into his boots and once filled with water they were suctioned in the boots pretty tight! Soon those will be Titan's, Quinton's will be Rex' and Myla and Quinton will need bigger boots. Oh the joys of growing children.

Thankful for the joy on their faces, thankful for their upbeat spirits, and thankful that I have learned to say, "Yes!" to wet adventures. I love these kids!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are such a fun momma! Love you.