Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boy #4

4 Boys.
I will be the mother of 4 boys, how crazy is that. I can't even wrap my mind around it. We are thrilled and so blessed.

4 Boys and 1 Girl.
I got the itch on Sunday, a wonderful friend volunteered his skills and voila... #4 is a BOY. Can you believe that?

What an exciting family the Lord has given us. I grew up with two sisters, no brothers, Barbies galore and American Girl Dolls coming out my ears. I have learned much over these past four years about how to be a mother of boys. There is something amazingly different about boys and girls. It has been fun to watch the differences play out in my kids, that even though Myla is surrounded by bugs, wrestling and cars she still wants to be a momma to her babies and play with her doll house but my goodness she can hold her own with bugs and wrestling. And my boys, they are skilled at playing house and doll house but wrestling and bug catching they are experts at. The Lord has made us each different and I love that.

I was a little concerned walking out of the ultrasound to tell my daughter that another boy was on the way. She and I were just convinced that this baby was a girl. But Myla stayed true to her sweet personality and responded, "Oh, it's a boy." That was it. Later that night her only concern was that he would still be able to snuggle with her in her bed. Ummm OF COURSE. She hasn't skipped a beat about another boy. She's just excited about a baby.
A talented friend from high school, Pamela Stephens, announced that she was expecting her second child by making her little boy a tshirt that said, "Only Child expiring February 2012." How sweet is that. After seeing her creative mind I tried to figure out how to incorporate it into our announcement. This is what I came up with and although I wish it were on one of her really cute shirts I didn't have the patience to wait for her to make it and mail it to me. I'll have to use her creative skills to make me some cute signs for my kids rooms. Totally in love with all her work. Pamela Stephen's DIY Blog
These next few pictures were my attempt to capture all 4 of them. Hmmm... this is what I ended up with.
A fourth boy is sure to fit right in. We get a small glimpse into what #5 and Titan's relationship will look like. Quinton and Rex are 17 months apart and Titan and this little man will be 18 months apart. I can't imagine Quinn without Rex. Fun to think about Titan with #5. And little miss Myla is just loved by everyone. She has absolutely no problem fitting in with the boys, racing with the boys. They adore her.
Myla is sure to be the most loved little girl ever. And #5 is sure to be the toughest, roughest, most loved and knocked around little boy ever. I just can't wait to meet him.
So here she is, our only girl. One more Rude boy on the way.
Blessed beyond words.

No comments: