Friday, August 10, 2012

Branson Part 2

I miss Branson.

Ever since we arrived back in Des Moines, the weather has been cooler. I realize that it is bound to happen at some point but AUGUST? My pool pass is still good for a few more weeks and I am desperate to use it. I took the kids Sunday night while Dan was out of town and it was freezing. We barely stayed for an hour and I'm pretty sure only swam for maybe 20 minutes. It was a sad evening and we have not been back this whole week.  I enjoy certain aspects of fall but the pool, oh the pool. This cannot be the end of it. Everywhere I look there are back to school sales. I want July back. I want the heat back. I want to go to take my kids to the pool. Every day in Branson it was over 100 degrees. I miss Branson. 

Titan's actually birthday was celebrated in the great city. The older Rude men had breakfast together so it was the kiddos and I anxiously awaiting Daddy to return to head to the pool. We went lizard hunting, spotted a few but I am neither quick enough nor do I have the desire to hold the guys in my hands. Then it was off to feed the fish. There were some big fish at the resort.
My children enjoyed helping me pack their clothes in their backpacks for vacation. Then we put their clothes in their own drawer at the resort. They found it quite exciting to be able to access all of their clothes at any given moment. Myla especially would change her clothes multiple times a day putting whatever she liked together. This resulted in some interesting outfits. It makes me glad that most days she barely puts up a fuss what she wears and because of where her closet is she can't reach anything in it.
Here's the birthday boy. He found some fish food (a tortilla) and looks quite please with himself.
Don't mind if I do...
The turtle enjoyed the tortilla.
They are getting so big.
I love this picture of Quinton with his arm around Ty. He always has his eye out for this guy. That's what big brothers are for.
It appears that Quinn is trying the fish food as well.
One year old.
It absolutely doesn't get sweeter than this man. We have decided that Titan's theme song is, "He's a maniac." It's quite fitting in a very complementary way. We love that he is just as determined as ever to get into everything and be involved in everything.
We did celebrate his birthday at home a few nights ago. He enjoyed a brownie a present and some singing. I do however think he would be happiest if the heat came back and we could go to the pool... Oh how I miss Branson.

No comments: