Monday, April 29, 2013

8 Hours

We spent 8 STRAIGHT HOURS outside Saturday, 6 straights hours yesterday and 6 today! I can barely get my kids inside to go to the bathroom. They are just breathing in the fresh air and loving every minute of it.

My twins were passed out by 7:45 the last three nights and all five were sleeping by 8pm. Exhausted children are a wonderful thing!

I don't think there was any outdoor toy that we didn't play with. What a blast. Quinton has been asking for over a month now to play in the pool. They have been playing in it without water all week so I finally caved and filled it up for them yesterday. If you want to see my children excited all you have to do it throw them in water and after a long winter of not swimming. They are ecstatic!

I unintentionally made it like bath water. It worked to my advantage though and made for an extra long play time in the pool.
We have swimming lessons starting at the end of May. I'm hoping that little Miss Myla will become better at putting her face under. At the very end of the summer she got a little braver a couple of times. I'm excited to see how she does this summer.
After jumping in the pool for a while they sunbathed on their towels. I am out of practice with sunscreen and they all had pink cheeks and shoulders.  Sun-screening five kids every day all summer long is going to be quite a task. I'm hoping that my big kids will become pros at helping each other get all screened up! 
What a little goof.
Titan didn't love the pool but I have a feeling he will warm up to the idea.
Swimsuits and riding bikes!
Sweet friends.
I have a feeling that you will see a lot of pictures like these all summer long, Rex in goggles...
Quinton in goggles!
Now, if swimming makes Rex completely ecstatic then I don't even have words to describe what swimming + bug hunting is.
Rex took a quick pool break to catch a little bug. We named him Bullet because he was a quick little guy.
Check it out!
Admiring his catch!
Catching some rays.
They all could barely hold their eyes open as we talked with Nana and Papa on the computer the other night. Friday is supposed to be back in the 40s, what is happening with this weather. I think we can say that we are making the most of every minute of sunshine. Loving the sunshine with my five little sunshines!

No comments: