Monday, February 18, 2013

Family Time

Having a new baby is a sure way to get everyone from out of town to come and visit you.  Now only if they would all give in and move here then my plan would be a complete success. So far no one is caving in but they sure are faithful visitors. No one can stay away from these precious faces very long.

My parents arrived the day after Jett was born and stayed for a glorious 5 days before leaving Dan and I to fend for ourselves.  My sister Kelly came a few days later for the weekend (and brought her much loved face paint) and my sister Dana and Ryan came the next day and spent the day with us. It was a fun way to welcome Jett into the world and our family! I love getting to be with my family.

It's kind of a tradition that everyone needs to nap with the new baby. Kelly has a picture like this with each of my kids. Precious.
Kelly arrived at bed time on Friday but Saturday morning we barely made it through breakfast before my kids were begging to have their faces painted. This time we ended up with a mean cheeta, a cute kitty and a ninja turtle! Aunt Kelly is too much fun!
A cute kitty!
Dana and Ryan arrive Saturday to spend the day with us. They were staying with Ryan's family up in Ames. They enjoyed lots of snuggles and play time. My parents were on their way back to Arkansas from Minnesota (they had traveled to Minnesota after spending time with us) so my entire family went to lunch and enjoyed an hour or so together before my parents headed on their way back to Arkansas.

These next few pictures so not display my children's finest hour but they were all that I took of Aunt Dana and Uncle Ry with the kids. Myla had just been crying and her facepaint is all over the place, Titan was about to get into his pajamas and looks naked (he has a diaper on), Rex was a little pouty, and Quinton was just a little out of it. I guess that is what you get with 5 children as you are approaching bed time. Quite the picture! It will not be going up in a frame any time soon but it sure is funny!
I was able to get a some nice napping in while everyone visited! There is nothing sweeter than snuggling with a sleeping newborn.
These are a few pictures from my parents visit. Papa was a great sport and played many basketball games. He would do just about anything for my kids. They have him wraped around their little fingers.
Papa getting some rare snuggle time with Jett. He and Nana were alwaying being asked to play a game or ninja turtles with the big kids.
Nana has won over Titan's heart. He seems quite smitten with her and enjoys reading and hanging out with her.
Nana teaching Titan about butterflies.
Nana and my two babies.
Nana snuggling Jett and the big kids playiing legos with Papa.
We were so blessed to have so much help. My kids loved all the extra attention and people to play with them. I love having my family here.

No comments: